Strange plant traits

This could literally be the onset of those symptoms.
@BG305 seems to be a solid farmer and checks his shit regularly.

I speak from experience. Broads devastated west coast farmers a few yrs back.

I absolutely could be wrong. I hope I am.

4 Likes

My broad mite experience started with 2-3 plants out of 30.

Progressed from there…

I swear they were already in the shop I moved into, no one had ever grown there. It was previously a boat shop. So beats me how I got them. But I did. And they suck.

I really do hope I’m wrong

2 Likes

Get the microscope out.

3 Likes

Funny that @HeisenbergInd is commenting on broad mites

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m being optimistic, I hope I’m right lol. Easy fix for ph, not so much for the mites.

Do the mites make the older leaves brittle? When I had that ph issue the leaves were so brittle they’d almost crumbled when I messed with em. All the stems were super red and woody af too.

Not generally. They live at the top of the plant closest to the light. You’ll eventually get brittle leaves but that’s long after the signs have already started to present themselves

1 Like

Are broad mites picky about what side of the leaf the eat? These might be dem broadmites and only attack the left side. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is the other plant grown from seed that has it also. It is a younger plant sonits not so developed.

2 Likes

Everything’s weird about those fuckers. You’re pest free I assume?

3 Likes

@AgTonik whats the recommended dose for tea’s?

Pest free my bro. I do have a couple dudes that I have separated

2 Likes

Are the plants with the issues all from the same breeder?

Nutrient deficiency of a non mobile element shows up where the light hits the leaf the most.

2 Likes

If you were thinking calcium micros is the culprit, AGT-50 for teas is 1ml/gallon. If you have another humate in there, castings, etc. 0.5ml/gallon.

Irony is my recessive trait.

Can’t be gloom and doom all the time💀

1 Like

I’ll post a pic of one of my plants as reference. I know 100% what the cause is. Toxicity from a certain additive I went a little excessive with.
As well as a ph issue. The taco lead in question.

The “kinked” leaf is a gg4 trait in one of my gg4 crosses. 100% normal.

2 Likes

@Demontrich You know your plants well. If it was going overboard with AGT-50, it may have upset the water balance hence the curling leaves. Accounting for pH may be another reason. I tend to keep it at 1ml/gallon drench and foliar.

And the leaf wiggle is definitely common in Glue. It’s been an indicator the nutes are properly maxed out before burning.

1 Like

Hemp mosaic virus. Same thing as tobacco mosaic virus.

It can be in the seed stock, or could have been transferred to the plant from your handi if you smoke cigarettes.

@ScoobyDoobie had it right!

3 Likes

Yeah, I hit them 3x in a row with it. Plus my ph is/was out of wack. I didnt take into account the -.2ph.

1 Like