Strange plant traits

Extracting is all science. Farming is a labor of love. I think the general community has a soft spot for farmers, not so much for ass hat extractors

4 Likes

Did ya get the last dm I sent?

people here are stupid and you are an idiot for thinking so /s

1 Like

I had one plant out of about 10,000 t1 seedlings look like that. I showed a pic to a med grower friend, and he said the strain Charlotteā€™s web grows like that. It also disappeared over time.

You ok? Seems like you have some pent up aggressionā€¦

Lol

7 Likes

Thats what i was thinking. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Heā€™s a real sour puss lately.

5 Likes

I wonder if itā€™s because he lives in Tennessee and works with hempā€¦

6 Likes

That is a 100% a trait called variegation. Itā€™s largely been breed out of cannabis as the lighter parts do not Perform photosynthesis. Most common in CBG genetics.

7 Likes

Ph issues is my guessing as well. Had clones that looked like thatā€™s until I corrected ph, then they looked normal after two weeks.

2 Likes

Shameless product plug lol

1 Like

I always try to use the #SHAMELESSPLUG tag. You got me!

Im going to start PHing these plants as a group after i run a tea today. Letā€™s see if it fixes the issue.

Anyone else have funky traits feel free to post here.

2 Likes

It can actually be passaged on cannabis. Zero symptoms. There are hemp mosaic viruses, and viruses from other plants that can cause mosaic symptoms. Eg: hemp streak virus (HSV), hemp mosaic virus (HMV), alfalfa mosaic virus.

If I had slept more than 3 hrs in the last 30hrs I might dig those refs upā€¦

My money is on broad mites.

Those are russet mites. Broad mites are harder to find. They burrow into the meristems., and cause problems at lower infection rates.

Russets: Hemp Russet mites - YouTube

Broad Mites Or Russet Mites - Growing Exposed

3 Likes

nah just couldnā€™t resist :stuck_out_tongue:

it was entirely sarcastic

1 Like

Iā€™m changing my last statement

The top new growth being all folded over and even some minor twisting is consistent with broadmites.

If you find bugsā€¦

Time to start rocking some tyvek suits and tons of isopropyl alcohol to make sure it doesnā€™t spread

4 Likes

Save what you can mode

Edit: which wonā€™t be much if itā€™s starting to show in multiple rooms.

Imo

1 Like

@BG305

Do you have an ant infestation anywhere?

Ants are known to farm Tarsonemid Mites ( thatā€™s cyclamen and broad mites)

I once had an ant colony make its way into the wall of one insulated tractor trailer we were using. And during the entire time had a tarsonemid mite problem. Once the ants were gone, so weā€™re the mitesā€¦

Just some food for thought

These are broad mites on a fly

9 of them to be exact

4 Likes

broad mites bane of my existence. one time my dog broke into one of the tents just so he could piss on every plant and a humidifier. by the time I get the PH sorted, the mites show up. whole op was ruined. hope itā€™s just a PH issue. Iā€™ve seen discoloration like that on plants a buddy of mine was growing and over feeding.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t symptoms have spread to other plants if it was mites?

Seems like things are isolated to two and only two plants. Also, wouldnā€™t the mites have to have had come from other plants if these were grown from seed?

It looks like a micronute deficiency to me, maybe boron? If so, then itā€™s from ph lockout is still my best guess.