Strange plant traits

I have two plants grown from seed that are exhibiting what looks like a strange deficiency. It shows on a few blades of a leaf while others look normal. Anyone know if this is genetic or nutrient related?

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmm…

Ph issue
100%

4 Likes

OK, this could be one of a few things . . .

1. Do you have a 100x scope to check for broad mites?
  2. Did the parents have the same trait? Could it be tobacco mosaic virus?
  3. Do you have sufficient calcium and micros? Perhaps bump up your humate content (with a high quality fulvic acid!)
5 Likes

Was going to say this, but didn’t want to jump the gun…

5 Likes

From seed
BM, RM, SM, impossible from seed unless picked up later on.

Tmv is a farce in cannabis. In 10+yrs, I’ve never seen a legit case reported

Edit

Also BM damage doesnt normally show up until wk 5 in flower.

6 Likes

Broad mites can FUCK up a vegging plant, especially if there IPM is lacking.

3 Likes

I have zero IPM. I never go I to my grow unless I wear “grow only” clothes. Shower also if I’m working. Zero outside anything.

Occasionally I’ll spray the steps with my homemade ipM spray

1 Like

@Demontrich pH would definitely explain calcium and micros causing a problem like that.

TMV is often a catch all for debilitating viroids in cannabis

And I still think broad mites are a possibility.

2 Likes

If they are BM, 100x scope will show little “maggot” looking things. If so, good luck.

I have a few bottles of avid and forbid I keep in case of emergencies

2 Likes

If they are broad mites trash the plants…

Unless you can dunk the entire plant nothing will work. Imo

Dust rooms with diatomaceous earth, “bake” rooms at 120.

This is how I beat them anyways…

2 Likes

Tobacco mosaic virus?

4 Likes

what does the under side look like?

You have variegation for sure, but there also could be an underlying pH issue. I have seen variegation so severe it causes damage but the cupping of the leaflet looks like nutrient/pH problem.

I do not think it’s an insect or virus. Tobacco masiac virus cannot infect cannabis. Edit= okay it can, but highly unlikely

3 Likes

The circle is a ph issue. I had this happen when I didnt account for the -.2ph when adding agt50 to my regimen.

2 Likes

I was going to say broad mites too, but the rest of the damage doesn’t support that

2 Likes

The way that you can still see the outline of the cell walls in the leaves would indicate nutrient issue rather than disease or bugs. The growing from seed is another clue. Sometimes a phenotype will just prefer a higher or lower ph. If you were able to adjust it up or down for that one plant, you could fix the problem. Often the element in question is mg. So adding a little more calmag might help too.

3 Likes

Wow. Two observations- 1. People here are smart. 2. They can disagree without being ass hats.

Granted, there’s always time for trolling, but I’m just impressed by this little corner of the intarwebs recently #levelup…

10 Likes

This was a high cbg genetic from seed it only appeared early on and not as the plant matured

2 Likes

I thought about the pathogen but its one plant in this room and another plant in another room. Both grown from seed and expressing this from the first leaf set. I also thought about mosaic V but didn’t think is came pre loaded in the seeds.