Strange Clawing/Burning

Except thats not happening. i’ve been monitoring the level of the PH down bottle, and it hasn’t gone down literally at all outside of times where I’ve stuck it in my res im filling from to drop that PH before i fill my system.

If I had to bet on something it would be nutrient uptake issues caused by root rot from the high 70s water. The good news is you’ll probably know within a week if it’s root rot

2 Likes

It had burnt leaf tips about 3.5 weeks ago. it was way overfed, but you think it just needs to be fed again? Should i feed it only calmag? One of my plants had severe interveinal chlorosis from what appeared to be a calmag excess like a week ago, and in the last few days has begun to recover its color. How do i address that?

I’m on day like 51 at that temperature and I’m using hydroguard. I figured root rot wouldve shown itself sooner when I began growing.

This was my thought too.

I’ve seen it take plants in the 6th week of flower

Except the PH isn’t varying due to hydroton pellets because it isnt fluctuating at all. There is not any visible signs of any PH down being added to my system at any point. I’ve checked the PH in the individual buckets.

Sniff those pots. If it smells bad, root rot. Or pull it from the pot and verify.

I’ve never checked run-off ph. But I’d check yours and see what’s up.

Hell just take photos of the roots and we can all tell you if it’s rot or not.

6 Likes

A soil drench with h2o2 may help. But will also kill all beneficial organisms.

3 Likes

Smells grassy and thats about it.

Its RDWC so there’s no soil to drench, but I plan to flush with H2O2 for a day and then drain and refill and feed.

1 Like

Later tonight when I get a chance to go by my grow I will. it’s not at my residence.

1 Like

As for the over feeding, it appears they may have a nitrogen toxicity since the very tips of many of the leaves are at a 270 degree angle.

Nitrogen toxicity is very very dark green leaves.

1 Like

How have you been calibrating/checking calibration of that controller? Have you checked against litmus paper?

1 Like

I calibrated it before installation with 4.1 and 7.1 solutions. It’s got the screwdriver dials for setting the calibration. It’s been 5 weeks since calibration I would estimate.

Oof. Calibrate that mofo for sure. pH measurement is hell, even with a $300 double PTFE junction you still need to calibrate bi-weekly

3 Likes

I’ll grab some calibration fluid just to check it.

Just check with some litmus paper, it’s quick, cheap, infallible, and will tell you if you’re way out of whack.

1 Like