Strange Clawing/Burning

The plants have been getting fed Mills 6 part system. Grown in RDWC under a full spectrum LED from gavita. Ph has never been above 6 or below 5.6. Possible root rot since my room temp is in the mid to high 70’s mostly. I didn’t take root pics recently but some of the roots are pearly white, some seem almost soiled by the hydroton clay rather than rotting, but we shall see after the H2O2 flush and the chiller gets incorporated. Havent fed them in 11 days and I flushed last Monday after they seemed to get agitated by the feeding and began to curl and wilt.

The leaves seem to wilt at random in different spots on the plant. Can’t figure out what’s eating away at the plants if it’s not root rot.

Are you washing the hydroton? Like religiously washing it for hrs on end?

2 Likes

I have not ever used it yet until now this is my very first grow ever. So no I did not wash it before using it I was told it was ready to use.

I bubble mine for 24hrs then rinse it in very small quantities. I’d take the plants out of the system and try to rinse with fresh water to get the dust off the stones. Then vacuum all the water out of the system.

Fill it back up and give it a light feeding of nutrients.

What stones did you buy?
Actual “Hydroton”? In my experience it’s the worst as far as dust goes.

3 Likes

I used to use a washer machine to clean mine @FicklePickle. Worked awesome

2 Likes

I don’t see how washing the hydroton stones is supposed to help the problems the plant is having though

1 Like

The spottiness of it makes broad mites my guess

6 Likes

What’s humidity and temp in room?
What’s ph and ec of nutes?

What’s the media

1 Like

Cal-mag issue. Need more of it.

9 Likes

they make the PH go up, which makes your water higher ph constantly for like the first month if not washed correctly

3 Likes

All the extra shit in the water can lockout other nutrients.

Or what @anon56994712 said

3 Likes

Damn, can’t believe I never thought of that. I’ll be installing a washing machine for the Rec spot

2 Likes

there are so many things that it could be it doesnt sound or look like bugs
Have you ever heard of Mycostop? It works great with UCRoots or bleach its a strain of bacteria that is really dominant and can survive in high ppm chlorine water

High 70s water temp is super bad news imo, would you mind sharing a picture of the worst looking plants roots

3 Likes

I miss rdwc. Need to get back.

4 Likes

If your root temps are in 70s and you aren’t using a bleach product it’s a root issue

6 Likes

Now we just need agt-50 and hypochlorous acid to mix and we’re set.

4 Likes

Dnet doink roll call!! @FicklePickle, @Demontrich love this stuff

2 Likes

Yo @FicklePickle I just returned that pos blue lab dosing meter. Shit fucked my latest veg situation. Said it was at 6 When really it was at 8!!! Watch out. I’m getting a Milwaukee 802. I don’t need the dosing, just a solid meter.

2 Likes

Hm-80 ph pen. I own 4.

1 Like

Yes sir!

D-net rocks!

1 Like