Strains that don't run hot

Really? Where on that COA is the moisture content? Valid does not mean value. Without moisture content the data is worthless, as every data point is based on a weight that’s not quantified.

I would appreciate you working the maths on 6-8% hemp to show everyone how that makes money. Please justify how growing 6-8% hemp is “powerful” from an ROI.

Maybe its just my ignorance, but not growing weak genetics, and not losing money seems like the “powerful” option.

1 Like

Presentation is listed on page above

Presentation by Larry Smart: Evaluation of Hemp Cultivars in NYS
School of Integrative Plant Science, Cornell University

Larry Smart: George Stack, Craig Carlson, Jacob Toth, Rebecca Wilk, Deanna Gentner
Chris Smart: Ali Cala
Don Viands: Julie Hansen, Jamie Crawford

Larry Smart: George Stack, Craig Carlson, Jacob Toth, Rebecca Wilk, Deanna Gentner

![Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 2.17.24 PM|690x406]
(upload://fPU01VY1nOdv9jyXZ6rzIlceUKU.png)

2 Likes

2 Likes

The quick and dirty: plants that produce 4-7% CBD may be under .3; however those plants are not economically viable so…

1 Like

This makes a lot more sense now. Liquid Mellow was the company that caused me to post: PSA on Lab Testing

1 Like

So what’s hitting good numbers and would pass in a strict state

1 Like

you have to be more specific; no cbd with good yield (14+%CBD) will pass a test two weeks from harvest, measuring top 2" of flower. OregonCBG cbg genetics will, but no CBD worth growing.

2 Likes

I guess I did the impossible then. I was a little over 16% cbd. I suspect good soil, and having irrigation also helped. Dark soil is dark due to humate content. Humates accellerate nutrient uptake, and they also regulate moisture. Better soil requires less water. Not tilling it is another bonus.

In picking out genetics, the methods and conditions under which they are grown are just as important as selection of a strain.

5 Likes

I doubt it. You may have a lab result, just not an accurate one. I can say with 100% certainty you do not have 16% CBD and below .3 thc material, that will hold up to any real lab test.

1 Like

What’s your altitude and limestone content?

1 Like

I’ve seen 14% with <.3 from an isolated pheno of Otto II grown indoors.

2 Likes

Sure, a rare pheno is possible, however bad lab work is also possible and much more likely from a statistical standpoint. Do you have multiple tests you can post of this so called unicorn? I’d love to see any test.

2 Likes

No sorry, i only seen one COA and it wasn’t my material.

1 Like

Sounds like the unicorn I saw. I was so amazed by the rainbow it farted I forgot to get a picture. =)

1 Like

Do you have multiple lab tests on this material - or even one?

A local grower claimed he could manipulate THC production with feeding, etc. This included alot of chest pounding and super duper claims. When his finished flower tested at 4-6% CBD and just under .3 everyone laughed. Then promptly put his phone number on ignore.

He’s now busy selling fake beans, and pushing faked up COA’s on dogcrap material. Last year he sold a farmer $150k of beans that failed to launch resulting in total crop failure.

1 Like

I have absolutely nothing to gain from claiming to have seen a good COA. just trying to contribute to the conversation. Why do you have a vested interest in shooting down anyone’s claims of high results? It’s not like we’re pimpin seeds.

2 Likes

I get it, and I find your knowledge and experience valuable. However, seeing a COA and the COA being real are two very different things. I can send you 20 fake COA’s posted on the internet that make similar claims. Problem is, there’s no CBD dominant plant that can finish at 14-16% cbd below .3. Anywhere. In. The. World.

Survey smokable flower markets, they’ll tell you the real story. If such a plant existed, the flower from that strain would be for sale. Repeatedly. Showing those lab results. However, that’s never happened. Ever. Anywhere. In. The World.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

2 Likes

1 Like