Stoned Cows Fed With Hemp Are Making THC-Laced Milk

Here’s the paper on Nature: Transfer of cannabinoids into the milk of dairy cows fed with industrial hemp could lead to Δ9-THC exposure that exceeds acute reference dose | Nature Food

4 Likes

Where can I buy this milk?? I need this.

10 Likes

I’m more of a reindeer piss guy myself…

8 Likes

0fc

12 Likes

If anyone has a chunk of old biomass and they wanna test this out on dairy goats lmk

I Bet pigs would eat that shit too…

10 Likes

@Elchuhh time to move the compost :rofl:

4 Likes

Would love to score a couple super sacks that are bound for the burn/compost pile….

4 Likes

I don’t see why the cbd in hemp wouldn’t transfer into the milk just like the thc, so the resulting cannabinoid profile would be mostly cbd. If one was trying to make d9 milk, then using d9 biomass seems like the way to go.

I have wanted to feed sprouted hemp seed to animals, but it is a dead end of a legal business in the US, because hemp is not fully approved yet. Whoever tries selling cbd beef, chicken, eggs, etc is going to incur the wrath of the authorities somehow.

Too damn far from me otherwise I’d say come get it :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m too far from everyone lol

3 Likes

It’s probably Oklahoma biomass from that farm bill compliant THCa flower… :rofl:

3 Likes

I suppose that means we just can’t sell it. When I get chickens (on my list for next year) why wouldn’t I feed the all the scraps… they love the stuff… can’t keep them away. THC eggs? That would be boss. CBD eggs, awesome.

I don’t recall ever getting high from eggs where my chickens had access to trim and such… but maybe chickens don’t process it the same as these “cows”. Is it only rumens or would any kind of stomach that then becomes a food product work?

Hmmm. <3

1 Like

Meat n taters from the article:

"The researchers at the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment found no behavioral change in cows given the entire hemp plant, which contained very low levels of THC. Only when fed solely the portions of the hemp plant with higher THC concentrations — including the flowers and leaves — did the behavioral effects appear, according to the study.

Those effects included slower heart rate and respiration, “pronounced tongue play, increased yawning, salivation, nasal secretion formation,” and reddening of a portion of the eyes, the report states. Some animals “displayed careful, occasionally unsteady gait, unusually long standing and abnormal posture.”"

Last part sounds like a stoned cow to me

12 Likes

i’ve got about 45 head of angus / charalois cattle and now i’m thinking i need to get some Jerseys or some holsteins.

that and a bee farm. just get mother nature to make my infusions for me. haha

we have Cocaine Bear ( proud to be from KY haha ) and now we need a movie based on really stoned cows that break into all the grocery stores and stand in line at ChikFilA.

3 Likes

Very cool. You could have skim, 1% and 2% CannaMilk for starters, Whole-CannaMilk for experienced smokers and Half & Half / Heavy Cream for the heavy dabbers

sweetened infused milk with infused honey for the razzle dazzle

stoners at the farmers market would lose their shit… haha so would the FDA and the tax man.

2 Likes

That’s interesting as I have read that herbivores don’t demonstrate “getting high” only carnivores.
The Veterinarians used to use hemp for horses

I can tell you from my experience that rabbits sure as hell act high after eating cannabinoids. I’ve been getting rid of my leaves and stems this way off and on for a few years now. Haven’t had the opportunity to feed cannabis to any other animals besides my tortoise and Uromastyx lizards. Reptiles are harder to notice any effects, but the rabbits can get sketched out easily and they have higher than normal energy. Basically act like tweakers. Fan leaves not so much but if any trim gets in there it’s noticeable.

1 Like

Some solid Homoogenization. I’ll see myself out.

I’m waiting for the dope cheese.

1 Like