Sticky powdery residue on rig after dabbing

Hello,

Recently I’ve been noticing diamonds from multiple processors leaving an odd, sticky, white powder like residue on the mouthpiece of my rig after dabbing. The residue doesn’t look like this for long however, and the white powder look dissipates leaves only sticky clear residue behind. Diamonds seem to be clean, solid high and taste and no headache/dizziness. Just very odd that I’ve noticed this from a lot of people lately and wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this.

Realistically it could be a lot of things. Best case scenario you’re basically just distilling THCA that is then condensing. Worst case scenario is foreign matter, lipids, etc.

5 Likes

Bro it’s the Medusa stones spreading. I bet there’s a batch of bentonite with a chunk of alien matter.

5 Likes

Which probably rules out media carry over.

Get it tested (send me 100mg).

6 Likes

If input is crystalline THCA, I suspect we’re looking at distillation/condensation/recrystallization

With crystalline thca “dissolving” into THC which is condensing at the same time, but is not as obvious (doesn’t refract like tiny crystals do).

5 Likes

That’s what I was hoping. Product is from well respected Michigan processors that I’ve worked with for some time now and highly doubted that would ever intentionally cut their product. Going to take a sample of the product to a lab this week just to be safe as I’m sitting on a lot

1 Like

Pine rosin cut? Labs won’t be able to test for it. Only fda labs full panel. Canna labs don’t even have any standards other than cannabis present in Thier systems. Good luck.

1 Like

there a few in house tests you could do to check if it could be something different thant THC-A:

• does it dissolve in organic solvents like ethanol or acetone ?
  • does it melt around 80c ?
  • does it further bubble if you heat it up to 130c for a while ?
  • does it recrystallize after such extended heat treatment ?
  • does it show specific (and transitory) purple color change after all this ?

:thinking:

3 Likes

And if it doesn’t test as ThC/THCA, that might be relevant.

2 Likes

Well it would only not be relevant if the sample came back void of terps and anything but thx i.e. 99.99% or so direct cannabinoids. If the test was say 81% thx and 6% terps then the rest would be a/or impurities Wich could be anything from cat piss to waxes etc.

Testing the input as well is probably in order….

We’ve recently been shown “diamonds” with “6% terpenes”, so I concede that one might be able in include cat piss into “diamonds”, but we are talking tested product from a licensed dispensary…the probability of adulterated product, while non-zero, is pretty low.

Do you know of any way to convincingly simulate crystalline thca and still get the customer high?

im sure it could be accomplished using synthetics, but I would not expect the OP to be interacting with such.

My guess is ~95+% recognizable cannabinoids. It IS a guess, but it fits better than pine resin imo.

3 Likes

Only one way to figure out what substance it is.

Step 1. Get a spoon
Step 2. Get a rubber hose
Step 3. Get a candle
Step 4. Collect granular film in spoon and heat with candle
Step 5. Holy shit where did my kids go who are you is it check day yet?

3 Likes

Hot dabs capped and hit too early before melting through fresh cold water have done this to me. :woman_shrugging:

I call it getting fuzzy teeth

3 Likes

“Hey kid smoke this” while visiting beautiful Worcester, MA did it to me

3 Likes

Lol, you don’t always want to believe what you know is really happening