Steer Clear of Jushi as a job seeker

Happy Thursday everyone!

I want to give any would be job seekers fair warning on Jushi (specifically Columbus). After working as a tech for just 5 days shy of 1 year, traveling to 3 different states to train, and only missing 2 days during that time for sick leave, they fired me (and 8 others) without warning today. Budget cuts being the reason.

Our department manager got fired several months ago, and since then myself and the other technicians increased overall distillate production by 25 percent. We didn’t get so much as a blink of an eye from anyone. These were our first distillations as well, and we were pretty proud to have outdone someone who’d been in the industry 8-9 years. We are in our first year.

There is absolutely no communication from corporate, absolutely no plan in place for allowing individuals to earn raises and advance, and no solid plan for where the company is going in the future. Training was non-existent in our facility as the previous managers ego wouldn’t let him train anyone for fear of his job becoming jepordized. I didn’t come on here to whine, but rather honestly try and save someone the headache of working with this MSO.

12 Likes

Hey, but at least they arent the cartel, right?

13 Likes

This is the norm. I would say it is rare to find a spot that actually works with you based on your performance level. Best bet is to use the experience and get into a different lab setting. I would leave off anything cannabis related on your resume and just describe the techniques you learned. Distillation, co2, butane, etc.
Edit: outside of cannabis, most labs have set period pay raises, 401k, At least 90% covered health. You’ll also most likely start out at the same pay you did in cannabis but find raises come regularly if you can perform.

11 Likes

:joy: Right! Hey I learned a ton, not an awful experience for my first year in a lab. However I would stay far away if you aren’t completely inexperienced and just looking for a foot in the door. Even then, I’d look elsewhere where there’s atleast proper training protocol.

Appreciate the advice :+1: and yeah, I can’t say I’m shocked. They shut down production the past 2 months, so the writing was kind of on the walls.

I say join the war against licensed shops. Lets make these guys take on a second mortgage this year!!!

6 Likes

1000000000% on board for taking down the chads and brads. What I witnessed in the past year has been nothing short of astonishing. The definition of more money than brains.

4 Likes

I interviewed with them at some point regarding a facility they were attempting to bring to competency. It didn’t really appear to me that they were particularly insightful technologically, and after the interview they never bothered to provide any further updates/seemingly fell off. My impression was they had failed or were in the process of failing. Let their remains smolder and take your hard earned experience elsewhere?

2 Likes

Actually Columbus or in johnstown

That’s the plan brotha! I definitely am much more competent than I was a year ago.

1 Like

Yeah actually Columbus.

1 Like

I’ve seen some management and I think an R&D engineer posting for them in various states. I’ve had it with corporate weed tho.

2 Likes

This past year was all I needed to see and experience to come to the same conclusion. It was truthfully baffling where priorities fell and where money was being allocated.

1 Like

I took this position with eyes open knowing I needed to check some boxes on my CV/Resume. Mission accomplished. I came, I created value, I acquired skill sets, when I leave hopefully it will be on my terms as well.

I suggest anyone going for corporate gigs to have the same mindset.

6 Likes

lol seriously, in a super undersupplied state? Everything checks out for a company founded by hedge fund+big alcohol guys.

3 Likes

Heard rumors of this with multiple MSOs in the state. Any truth?

Unless you have proof otherwise (which would make for an interesting thread), they’re just cartels in the way OPEC is

2 Likes

You qualify for Unemployment.

3 Likes

Yeah I know. Gotta deal with that mess of paper work here soon. I’m sure I’ll be able to find work fairly easy here again, I’m just very hesitant to go work for another MSO/corporate company now. After following the rosin press thread for a minute, it’s tempting to buy a press and build a solventless resume on my own. Maybe that’s too ambitious, I know it’s difficult. I was really looking forward to doing hydrocarbon extraction with these guys. that’s the biggest let down. That’s really what I’m most interested in.

5 Likes

This.

This is the right mindset right here.

Don’t be sour that corporate is gonna corporate. Be grateful that you’re getting paid to gain experience. Take advantage of that opportunity to the fullest extent. Hustle behind the scenes to make opportunities happen and jump ship as soon as something better comes up, or as soon as you feel that you’ve gotten everything you can out of the experience.

2 Likes