Statement from Oregon CBD on 2020

It has been proven. But the glass refracts the UVB throwing less.

Reptile bulbs are awesome for doing it.

Those 270W UVs are what, I think, got me above 30% THC for my first time ever with an already awesome cut of White Widow. Definitely worth their cost.

1 Like

People put UV lights on there grow. They tend to be on only a few minutes an hour or it will burn the plant. When they are on you cannot be in the room also. You have to know the on\off schedule of the lights.

3 Likes

The anecdotal and small scale experiments are there. Just wish we knew why UVB does it.
Does it do it as a ā€œsunscreenā€? Does it do it as an overall stress factor? A defense?

All I know is I swear by it and it has worked. Plus, microbials are wiped out by UVB and UVA so itā€™s a win/win.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why we swept ours. Ran hours for 10/2 (10 on, 2 off). Never scorched a plant, bleached it, no ill effects.

1 Like

I believe the plant produces more trichomes as a shield for the leaves in return upping cannabinoids.

3 Likes

We blasted ours 12 hours a day from week 3 to harvest. But they were also 10 feet above the crop. My dumb ass definitely got a sunburn after a few days, learned that one the hard way.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the theory Iā€™m going with.

The other is the plant believes that the resin is being dried out and it wonā€™t be able to catch the male pollen to carry the cultivar on so it produces more anyways.

Look up jasmonic and gibberic acidā€¦ fell down that rabbit hole a few times

1 Like

Ours were 12 inches from the colas but like I said, we built a bar, attached the ballast and bulbs, and put it on a light mover

Yeah it is basically a sunscreen for the leaf. It acts to prevent the UV from denaturing cellular molecules.

Light moving systems are great, they give the plants the same ebb and flow they would experience with cloud cover and seems to work great for all grow lights. I would actually have preferred that but the owners wanted to buy 6 UV bulbs instead of 2 and some moving light rails, who am I to say no to experimentation on somebody elseā€™s dime :smile:

Jasmonates are definitely a large part of plant metabolite formation in response to stress, salicylates as well. Hormones get confuckulated very quickly.

Sorry to OP @Estokha for the momentary post takeover!

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ heavily derailed but Iā€™m sure a few people learned some new thingsšŸ˜Ž

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always enjoyed putting coins on the railroad tracksā€¦ The botanist in me couldnā€™t resist the temporary nerding. Fuck I miss living in a legal state. Utah is wack.

1 Like

Last oneā€¦ I promiseā€¦ :joy: I just moved to a legal state 5 years ago but have been growing for 25 total. Started with the ā€˜ole gorilla grows in the farmers cornfields (fishing the night before, collecting bluegills by the dozens, digging the holes 4 feet deep 4 fish deep, 1 ft layer of dirt, then 3 fish deep, layer of dirt, and so on). Moved indoors early 2000s and havenā€™t looked back since! !

thats the wifeā€™s arm in the picā€¦ this was her grow
image|375x500

7 Likes

That 0.3% was set up by UN when building their drug convention. They were looking for a threshold thc value. They took this number from the research of a Cannadian scientist who found out that almost all cannabis grown for other purpose than drug was below 0.3%, while the drug type was much higher. Even this guy told them that taking this exact number as a legal limit was stupid, that drug were far above, like above 7%, and some notorious industrial strains were slightly above, like up to 0.7%. He told them 2% was a much better value, and that the cbd:thc ratio may also matter. But they did not careā€¦

In Switzerland, they signed this convention, but decided that 0.3% was too drastic, that some of their hemp farmers would be impaired for no reasons, so they decided to set the limit to 1% in the health code. The agricultural code actually still says 0.3 and cbd/thc above 1, but the office of health does the controlā€¦

7 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Are there other tests of this herb ?

I only have tests of different phenos of this strain. I only tested the candida 7 once. I will have a new test coming in a cpl months. But this test was from a greenhouse grow, and the plant was well taken care of.

Nice. Ive seen people use a strong UV light on a mover as part of their sanitation protocol

1 Like

Whats the LOQ for D9 and THCA?

1 Like