Stabilizing crc slabs

It’s for anyone on this forum that see’s this. Attached is some information about the product. You don’t need to bake it or alter it in any way. Just Pour & Play. Has a large particle size so your not sucking in a bunch of silica (although there is silica in there.)

fda_gras_approved Media Bro Pricing.pdf (99.5 KB)

4 Likes

Click the link below and fill out the shipping information. I’ll hook you up and anyone else who want to give us a shot.

https://www.lunatechequipment.com/mbcrx3

2 Likes

I just got my sample recently, Im about to try a run with it today.

1 Like

You say as your understanding is impeccable and your explanation flawless…

5 Likes

Keep us updated!

What’s it’s general composition? Not asking for trade secrets, but we gotta know what we are putting our product through. Also what’s it’s pH?

1 Like

In our initial email conversation (if that was you) you recommended 1kg per 10-15# material. Now looking at your table on instagram it says upwards of 3.75kg of media per 10-15# of material. Which one is recommended?

2 Likes

Great!, can’t wait to hear/see how it works for you! Keep us posted!

Our media is a bentonite/bentonite clay with a ceramic base, high alumina & Silica content, large particle size which results in a more porous composition for better terpene retention while helping with de-gumming & de-waxing

This is the current SOP. I’m not sure if it was me or one of my team mates you spoke with but we did recently update our SOP’s based on feedback from our customers. We also realized that there is HUGE subjectivity regionally in terms of definitions of grading bio. What we call low quality here in Oregon may be considered high quality in another region. So we always suggest tweeking for your perfect amount based on your specific bio quality.

MediaBros_CRX_SOP.pdf (232.1 KB)

I wouldn’t be supposed to trying a new media

A lit of people in sac love shatter

2 Likes

I think it’s big on the black market, because it’s easier for people to break down into chunks and sell. More of a pain with diamonds, sauce, etc. that’s just my take on it.

I actually found shatter easier to handle, I’d just break a hunk off with my fingers and drop it in my dish. My shatter was glass so it was never sticky.

With the diamonds, hte, and melted crystals, it’s not nearly as easy imo.

@Krative the pH is 6.8

1 Like

what the opposite of wubba lubba dub dub?

fickle pickel has a picture of what that would look like. lol

Que es?

Hey y’all - if anyone needs any additional info on how to use our product, please ask me right away.

Here’s a basic cheat sheet to using our media:

DO this:
Any hydrocarbon solvent will work.
Use a 6:1 up to 10:1 ratio of solvent to biomass.
Use between 150g to 250g of media to 1lb of biomass. (More is better for clarity!)
Use a 3" to 4" diameter column/spool.
Use a 5 to 10 micron screen or mesh on your column.
Run the column/spool directly inline after your biomass vessel.
Use MORE than you think. It’s okay! You won’t strip terps or cannabinoids.

Do NOT do this:
Run crude through our media.
Run distillate through our media.
Run ethanol or CO2 through our media.
Pre wash or saturate our media.
Use any acids or salines to treat your biomass.
Add any silica, bentonite clay, or other adjuncts to our media. (it’s redundant!)

Here’s an example run:
40 lbs of propane
5 lbs of biomass, medium grade
1,250 grams of media in a 3" column.

A (very) simplified process:
Fill your biomass column with hemp or flower. Fill with your solvent at -40C (assuming Butane). You can soak for 10 mins if desired. Pump our your solution directly through our media in the CRC column, passing then into your distillation column. Distill out your solvent and your extract should be done. Allow the spent media to degas, then simply discard with your biomass.

Why post this:
We realize there’s a LOT of different setups, and there’s lots of variations that people have run. Our goal in this post is to provide a baseline case scenario to see great color remediation using our CRX media.

In the samples we’ve sent out, the most common response has been positive with great pics and results… and we love it!

But, as always, there’s some folks that aren’t getting the colors they expect. Why? The most common reason is they didn’t use enough media. They didn’t use enough solvent. They ran crude. They ran a non-hydrocarbon (ethanol). They added some adjunct to the CRC column or treated the media income way and as a result… well something wonky happened.

Our media works best as an INLINE process. It’s designed for high flow/throughput with low pressures to keep you safe! It is designed to maintain cannabinoid and terpene profiles, so you can’t go wrong by using more media.

PLEASE feel free to DM me with questions or post replies here. I’m new to Future4200, and I’m a solo operation on this site, so please give me time to respond.

Cheers,
The Media Bro

Why do i have to run a 4" spool? Why not a 6" spool

1 Like

Because there media needs the exposure time. So having say 500 grams in a 6” column is maybe only 2” thick… vs 500grams in a 4” column is 5” (rough estimate)

It’ll still work, but you’ll want to use a little more to account for the lack of depth in the 6” filter

2 Likes