• GC Only: $3500 + shipping
  • GC & H2 generator: $5500 + shipping
  • GC & H2 generator & MXT502.2 column: $6300 + shipping
  • GC & H2 generator & MXT502.2 column & laptop: $7000 + shipping

Current location of item: NJ
Estimated lead time: 1-2 Days to pack and estimate shipping
Fulfillment: Direct from seller
User support / Warranty: Sold as-is

For sale is a used but good condition SRI 8610C gas chromatograph that is ready to work for you in your lab or home office. The gc comes already setup for simple cannabis analysis with the following configuration:

• FID detector
  • 15m MXT-500 column
  • 12 vial sample heater
  • heated on-column injection port

The condition of the unit itself is good. It looks like the previous owner accidentally let some solvent touch some of the paint making it smear that I was unable to remove. There is some dust in the fans. It is also missing the original flathead screw driver that normally comes attached to the SRI units. None of this has affected the use of the machine. The column came used when I got this machine but seems to have life left in it. Here are 3 runs I made on the machine yesterday to verify function:

Acetone Only:
AcetoneOnly.pdf (127.4 KB)

MethylStearate(Internal Standard) Only:
MethylStearateOnly.pdf (127.8 KB)

MethylStearate & Sample:
MethylStearate&Sample.pdf (129.0 KB)

And here are some pictures of the actual unit for sale:

The GC system is complete but in order to be ready to run at a minimum, one would need:

• Windows 10 laptop running PeakSimple software (or equivalent)
  • hydrogen tank or generator
  • injection syringe
  • test and sample vials
  • analytical scale
  • testing standards

If interested, I also have a PerkinElmer PGX-h2 160 hydrogen generator in used condition. It works well for use with the GC but I’m not educated enough on these units to know how much longer the desiccant pack has left. It also must have a dead cmos battery in it because it always asks for the date/time on startup. This does not seem to affect the operation of the device but I am happy to answer any questions one might have. Here are some quick pics:

I also have a NIB MXT-502.2 105m 0.53mmID 3umdf (Cat #70910) column that I was going to try out but never had a chance. The quality assurance report is marked from 2015 but the column still has the protective end covers:

2 Likes

What’s the cost with the h2 generator and software?

Edit: Do you know if ClarityApex CDS would work with SRI GCs?

2 Likes

I’m not sure on the ClarityApex CDS but I can take a look. Is this the right one?
https://www.dataapex.com/product/clarity-demo

If so, I’ll download, test the trial and let you know.

The PeakSimple software is free to download on the SRI website so if you already have a computer you may be able to save costs there. Would you just be interested in the gc and h2 generator? Or would you want a dedicated laptop in addition to the gc and h2 generator?

1 Like

Actually looking at the instrument list it doesnt look like the sri units are supported:
https://www.dataapex.com/controls#e85cf85184d6d3c9419bb801ffc66969

2 Likes

Great deal honestly… I spent about 5k on my sri for everything (hydrogen and oxygen included). Built from two broken machines. Luckily they have info on everything made by sri available. Was a fun project.

2 Likes

I spent nearly 8k on my Sri. The concern would be the column and the $1500 cost to replace it.

I just sold my other Sri and I miss it already and it’s only been gone 2 weeks.

2 Likes

$400 for a 15m rxi35sil… What I’m using.

Fixes a known issue with CBC and CBD swapping spots randomly with non-polar columns. It’s a mid polar column.

3 Likes

My mistake I did not realize the gc came with a CDS.

Yes that is the right one! But if the gc already comes with a CDS then I probably wouldn’t bother with Clarity.

Yes exactly. I can repurpose one of my many computers to serve as a dedicated CDS station. So I don’t need the laptop.

I have used an unlisted HPLC with ClarityApex before without any major issues. It was a binary pump with uv/vis detector from a manufacturer in Beijing.

2 Likes

I love the 15m mxt-35 and prefer it over the mxt-500 but both work well (minus the swapping that you mentioned) for cannabinoids. I also have a brand new MXT-502.2 at 105m but havent had the time to try it out. Now that I think about it, the 105m wont fit in my 310mm so it will probably show up above as well.

2 Likes

post updated with information on h2 generator and extra column

bump.

Morning bump!

evening bump.

at that price it might even be worth it to send it back to @srihugh1 for another column & injector.

I really like the packed column SRI sends with the 310MM for residual solvents.

At least in distillates and isolates.

I use the MXT-500 for anything high in terpenes because some of them take hrs to make it through the Hayes Sep D …others don’t seem to come out at all, and I haven’t moved the backflush @srihugh1 installed for me to that column yet. still working out how to use it with MCT on the MXT-500 correctly.

2 Likes

Friday morning bump!

good morning!

bump, still looking to sell

1 Like

back in the office and ready to ship this great machine to it’s new home!

1 Like

bump.

'cause these are great little machines.
I now have three.

4 Likes