Squigs Separation References and Discussion

thankyou :slight_smile: mr wizard

now can you get me out of here with a phone call :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

A Short guide to Dry Column VacuumChromatography (DCVC)

A Short guide to Dry Column VacuumChromatography (DCVC).pdf (79.2 KB)

5 Likes

Send me a whatsapp or skype details or phone number <3

1 Like

I love me some DCVC :heart::heart:

Iā€™ve got a kg sized setup I wanna pull the trigger on asap. Iā€™ve got a theory that with the right ethanol gradient I should be able to isolate pretty much anything

5 Likes

if your running normal phase silica you want a non polar and something like ethyl acetate or
acetone like beaker used.

if your using RP media then ethanol water though I have not been able to find much info
on RP DCVC.

I have a funny idea that someone here that is making nice yellow T distillate with out distilling
is doing just that but doesnā€™t want to tell people so they can sell the basic procedure.

5 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve got a few posts here on it, havenā€™t tried any remediation with it, but I think itā€™s feasible.

I run over an activated alumina column with water and Ethanol, I do it chilled as well just so I donā€™t need to deal with as much water.

I usually start at 50//50 then 60//40 etoh, the cannabanoids start to move at 70//30, and usually elute around the 80//20 mark. Then I just flush with clean ethanol and itā€™s reset and good to go.

4 Likes

I doubt you will get the separation to separate canabinoids on such a polar medium hence my looking at divinyl resin
and thinking that some one here is doing RP DCVC

3 Likes

Into it. Iā€™m happy to run some experiments once I get a better setup

2 Likes

ive got a 600ml buchner and a nice sep funnel to go with it so if I give it a go thats what ill use
I will have to do some work on it though as I would like to maybe do a RP DCVC write up

I also have a massive flash column as well hidden away some where if I can find it.

2 Likes

Yes, HSCCC is a continuous liquid-liquid extraction. It utilizes the solubility difference between two immiscible solvents and the centrifuge force caused by high speed planetary rotation. This technology has been used long time for herbal research.

The machine itself is very stable. Our company produce such system more than 10 years. And it is very easy to fix if there is anything failed. Also , we provide at least 1 year warranty service which means you donā€™t need to pay for the system failure during 1 year. And surly you can purchase longer warranty service .

We have a show room in Los Angels , welcome to visit !

2 Likes

A Large Spinning-Band Fractionating Column For Use with Small Quantities of Liquids

A Large Spinning-Band Fractionating Column.pdf (456.2 KB)

1 Like

cayman spectral library.

has downloads for both agiliant and nist.

covers a great deal of cannabinoids.

and every other drug or modification of a drug you could imagine.

https://www.caymanchem.com/forensics/publications/csl

2 Likes

Open Raman a $3000 DIY Raman Spectrometer

http://www.open-raman.org/build/starter-edition/assembly/

Spectra Base

Free NMR IR Raman UV-Vis and Mass Spectra

5 Likes

Advanced Techniques in Gas Chromatographyā€“Mass Spectrometry (GCā€“MSā€“MS and GCā€“TOFā€“MS) for Environmental Chemistry-Els

(Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry 61) Imma Ferrer and E. Michael Thurman (Eds.) - Advanced Techniques in Gas Chromatographyā€“Mass Spectrometry (GCā€“MSā€“MS and GCā€“TOFā€“MS) for Environmental Chemistry-Els.pdf (22.1 MB)

2 Likes

Its going to take me a year to digest all this info! very much appreciate you man!

3 Likes

I thought the issue with RP media and DCVC is that the resin cracks when you suck it dry. I know letting the column get exposed is a surefire way to fuck you RP media running flash anyways.

One of the reasons Iā€™m really interested in @tweedledewā€™s AA column experiments. The again there has to be a product (or dozens) designed to avoid this issue

1 Like

We need a way to download the data into our brain! @ElonMusk hows that brain implant coming along?

is that the same though for divinyl polymer stationary phases ?

I really like the idea of trying raman over extracts.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honestā€¦ Iā€™m a bit out of my element so I need to dig deeper. It would sweet to find out that itā€™s not the case

As busy as a bee, scavenging all the data around as this was pollen.

A bee moving too fast, there not enough experts in here to digest and review all the information you are grouping !

4 Likes