Spool Clamps

Seen this come up a couple times, but haven’t seen anyone offer up this solution. If you need to mount spool to a frame or wall, you can order exhaust clamps, which are basically a U-bolt with a frame on the other side, for like 10 bucks each from most auto parts stores.

18 Likes

@tricks of the trade!

6 Likes

Badass.

2 Likes

im not seeing how its mounted? the bolt has like 1/2 sticking out. Zipties can work too.

the proper mount with a rubber thing to grab the pipe and a 1/2 inch bolt costs similar in that size. I built my rack today and it has like a 3 inch long bolt on the mount clamp so you can actually mount it to something. I put mine on a 1/2 inch thick board but how can an exhaust clamp mount to things?

4 Likes

What clamps did you end up buying? I want

1 Like

and I just bought my hangers from oss and bvv yesterday!

1 Like

Ya just gotta get creative

7 Likes

It’s on rollers!!! That’s sweet. I like it a lot.

I’m looking for something fast for quick changes on my -80c columns. The quickness is so I’m not burning the shit out of myself with -80 steel

3 Likes

hfs has the clamps in stock with rubber and a bolt out the back
https://hardwarefactorystore.com/products/tri-clamp-clover-stainless-steel-ferrule-spool-clamp-w-1-2-stand-support?_pos=1&_sid=684475996&_ss=r

4 Likes

Thanks dude

if they ever get these back in they would work best for fast.

they sold outta 5" what I need though

1 Like

I have one of these. The issue I see going forward is the storage space on vessels that have these directly attached to them. The 6x36 jacketed material column just got that much bigger

2 Likes

more correctly referred to as Pipe (Spool/Column) Hangers?

(just connecting these two threads…)

2 Likes