Splatter/Shattered Platter Purpose?

I was actually just about to ask what’s the beat kind of to use for not only tightening but maintaining life span

1 Like

Sealed and Stainless.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t forget to pressure test! U retapped or put in new valves !
Save yourself some time w leaks

I learned the hard way!

And also if u got anything new stainless or valves, you better take out and qtip clean w acetone and couple other things then wash w distilled water… You’ll get black sutt on the qtip do till gone!

3 Likes

KILLA IS THE MAN!!! I ran it straight thru on my dry ice sleeve DUDE FUCK SOAKING!!!

4 Likes

This is what the pour up looked like

4 Likes

looks good, love the binder clips!

2 Likes

Awesome @GroovyOctopusLabs. This is what my first flip on my thansgiving oil looks like today.

6 Likes

I did my first flip at midnight and accidentally flipped in a corner. But second flip is at 12:30pm. I’ll post pics then.

2 Likes

Try jarring same material BEFORE purging and you will get sugar crystal

@Killa12345 second flip

Before

After

6 Likes

Glad your on your way to better oil bro. Get a few good runs under you belt. Then like @Soxhlet said. You can add back one of the valves under your column and soak for a second or 2 if you feel like your leaving too many cannabinoid behind.

Get the pure basics down then expand your techniques. See what works. What doesn’t.

Happy you didn’t get discouraged or pissed at how we tried to help. We all saw something that can be improved for little to no money. You took the advice and ran with it. Now it looks like your on the right path. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love hearing the good not the hate. Happy thanksgiving ya’ll. From the Deep South!

7 Likes

i used this trick for flipping my slab and it works well. it shows to straighten it on a corner like you’re getting a dollar bill ready for a vending machine and it basically un-sticks itself 6:00 into this video Purge Tips - Flipping slabs - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you so much! I would’ve never learned the golden secret (lol) to learning how to get it golden if it weren’t for you guys. Tbh, I come here for help and anything that can help me improve will always be taken into consideration. I don’t mind some constructive criticism and sometimes it’s needed. I’m just 100% happy that I can talk to a community of people who not only do what I do but are experienced and can give me feedback. I am so happy with my results and I’m still a little dumbfounded that one thing made all the difference.

2 Likes

ive been using that bret maverick video since i started…LOL I fucking love that guy! Its such a shame soooo many of his videos are gone. The dude sounds like the biggest burn out but is so fucking smart and was soooo ahead of the curve. Soon as i heard “geah dog”. I knew the technique and is the same exact one i use to this day. ALL Slabs get the edge treatment while warm.

Ive definitely have mention bret maverick in the past and i cant say enough good stuff about the dude…I learned soooo much from his videos…i definitely owe that guy a dinner or 2.

5 Likes

Lol Brett maverick, knotty, greywolf. All legends

7 Likes

What size is that torque wrench ?

The drive is 1/4 in the picture, we also have an identical one in 3/8 drive. digital wrenches are nice, you dont have to take the tension setting off the wrench to preserve its spring like the mechanical ones.

2 Likes