Special poultry permit- WA state

Releases the air when the bags are shrink down! The directions say just poke a hole in the bag, I didn’t like that idea. So we do this.

Biggest so far

9 Likes

Boom

45 more birds ready for packaging.

Only 20ish more left to do next weekend. Letting the smaller ones have the extra week to grow, hopefully get to the 6lb mark

10 Likes

How many meat birds total?

So far? 75. Add the other 20 (give or take 1 or 2 lol) that we are leaving another week. So right around 95 total

4 Likes

The kids love “plucking” the lungs and sorting the organs out into bags.

7 Likes

Not exactly chickens but maybe relating-

https://twitter.com/loffredojeremy/status/1559690563267563523?t=GcPjNkgP9AJ0lns6GSfRDg&s=09

2 Likes

Yeah I read about this. Fucked up shit. Amish guy is inspiring tbh

4 Likes

If I try to start a farm in my future and a bunch of feds try to stop me I’m gonna be annoyed to say the least.

And it begins. Keep stock piling I don’t see it getting better before it gets worse

3 Likes

puparoos kids cutting food-kylie kardashian cucumber - Google Search Post a vid of them choking chickens.

1 Like

Also want to provide a quick update on my plan for next season. I’m moving away from chicken tractors (not that i was ever really “started”) and going to just use electric poultry netting and rotate them on the back of my property . Win win imo, chickens get fresh grass as well as unlimited movement (compared to the lack of movement they are able to get in a chicken tractor). This wouldn’t be the way for people limited on space (and without an lgd). But I think for my situation it will be a better fit.
This is what I’m referencing: PoultryNet® and PoultryNet® Plus 12/48/3 Electric Netting for Poultry - Premier1Supplies

2 Likes

I dunno how rural you are but grow some for the food pantry.

1 Like

Quit drunkposting

quit liking the posts you complain about. thats a clusterfuck im busy proscrastinating over tubes while dry ice sublimates.

1 Like

Like a food bank? If so then naw, I have enough mouths to feed already lol

If they wanna buy some I will grow as many as they make a deposit for…

1 Like

how long do you estimate shelflife? I got some old ass pork I pulled out the freezer from covid onset- it was great. it was in a deep freezer/ my 103 grandma was known for old food. Now shes 103- its all my uncles fault now and they still mock her like the dicks they are= she hasnt been shopping in 15 years- up-date her fucking spices so when we cook there its pleasurable= im as guilty as them.

1 Like

Mine from last year are still fine. Have like 2 left. Idk past that. Shouldnt really have to worry about shelf life as long as I grow them yearly. Not like I’m stocking up for life. Just the year

2 Likes

I had a piece of pork from April in my freezer I just recently grilled some of and still have some in the fridge I’m grilling tomorrow probably.

Growing up we had a year or 2 worth of beef in the deep freezer at all times. Impressive how long it’ll last.

until you hoard them and are on hoarders with like a reefer 18 wheeler full of chicken

2 Likes

I tried freezing bell peppers once

Didn’t work too well