Cont. Disc: Special poultry permit: Case of Amos Miller

Continuing the discussion from Special poultry permit- WA state:

I’m all for protection of religion, but that shouldn’t come at the cost of protection of the people from health hazards. The ‘raid’ on Amos Miller’s farm wasn’t about organic farming practices, it was about food safety concerns that were prompted after a death occurred.

"The suit is part of the United States’ continuing efforts to bring Miller’s into compliance with federal food safety laws. In late 2015, for example, the Food and Drug Administration, which regulates milk: (1) isolated and identified Listeria monocytogenes (L. mono) bacteria in samples of Miller’s raw milk; (2) through whole genome sequencing, found the bacteria to be genetically similar to L. mono in two individuals who had developed listeriosis (with one dying) after consuming raw milk; and (3) named Miller’s as the “likely source” of those infections.

In follow-up, FSIS sought to assess whether L. mono might be contaminating Miller’s meat and poultry products. But Mr. Miller refused to grant FSIS entry to the farm’s meat-and-poultry-related facilities, even after the agency served him with a subpoena. He erroneously contended that, as a self-organized private membership association, Miller’s is beyond the reach of federal food safety regulation."

I wouldn’t want people selling me, my loved ones, or even those I don’t like(#impeachqma #impeachkilla), food products that could be contaminated with harmful pathogens and if we have a system in place to prevent that and someone wants to circumvent that system I wholeheartedly believe we should try to get them within compliance or, barring any reasonable outcome which will ensure the safety of the public, make them stop.

2 Likes

This shit is wild. Thanks for the update

1 Like

@TheVanillaGorilla @Pupparoo @Concentrated_humbold in case y’all missed this subthread :grin:

#impeachkilla #impeachqma

I didn’t even know i was a level anything and yeah i missed it.