SPD vaper getting Through the trap

Absolutely

I’ll show you. But First you have to read…then you have to demonstrate understanding. Then we can get to the playing with solvents.

It’s not like I asked the OP to wrap his head around the Antoine equation. I linked to a table of empirically determined boiling points so they might grok why sucking was the problem & offered a hardware store solution.

I agree that your solution was simpler.

We’re fishing with dynamite here. Answers without context are dangerous.

2 Likes

If he was starting out and was just starting his set up, then yes…

He was already in the throes of it.

I just wanted to give him a solution to extinguish a possible lit fuse.

Metaphorically speaking…

2 Likes

All good, man! Glad I could help!:facepunch:t3:

The EtOH Pro is made for…: EtOH! It’s not designed to be used with Iso, and that might be a huge issue in and of itself. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, some dickhead suggested that…

3 Likes

OP started the experiment then asked for assistance, neglected to apply said assistance, and now @cyclopath is being chastised? Let’s not forget who has given out more spoons than probably anyone else on the site. He was awarded, by the community, the Dennis Parker (@Beaker) Award for a reason.

Having spent a lot of time around Cyclo and his family, I can attest to the validity of his response. Some people communicate very differently from the norm, and that’s okay if people don’t always understand. He wasn’t being mean.

4 Likes

Also spends way more time trying to resuscitate horses than drown them :shushing_face:

4 Likes

No you are right, when I bought it it was a prototype and they told me I could absolutely use it in iso mode with iso because we could not get ethanol here and I do realize that is a huge part of the problem. Working out an Avenue to find ethanol

Thanks

1 Like

And as you can see in said response, I said it wasn’t an attack.

Never questioned his validity. @cyclopath is solid and never said he wasn’t. Just suggested being a bit more chill. Not everyone can take constructive criticism and know how to take advice when it’s blunt and straight forward.

And I’ll reiterate… I don’t want to see this site turn into the shit show that Reddit has become over the years.

2 Likes

Alls good, man!

We just have different approaches.

1 Like

No worries homie! I’ve spent entirely WAAAAAAYYYYY too much time on learning about, and reading up on the Source, and tO Pro. At the end of the day it just wasn’t what I was looking for.

2 Likes

I agree with you on keeping this place better than Reddit. 100%! We owe it to the world to hold ourselves in higher esteem and regard. That being said, some of us who exist on the Autism spectrum can be looked at as being terse and too blunt with our opinions, reactions, and interactions. Just trying to show that being blunt is not necessarily a bad thing. It, in fact, helps us wade the the endless sea of bullshit we are so regularly fighting through at a much quicker pace.

If one cannot handle constructive criticism when performing actions that potentially risk the lives of others (on a number of levels), they have no business continuing with said actions. At least that’s how I feel.

@Royboy0330, if you can, I would really suggest taking @Apothecary36 up on their offer. If you’re in BC, I would be happy to try and help, too. The leaps in knowledge and gains in ability significantly outweigh the price of admission.

8 Likes

Whole heartedly agree! I was just worried the poor guy was gonna blow himself up!

I treat situations like that like an ER trauma Dr would…

“Okay… now that we removed your dick from the Ginsu 5000 and saved your member, here’s why you shouldn’t do that”. :joy:

4 Likes

And yet no one has mentioned that the solvent vapors are condensing in the pump oil and leave them at risk of blowing up their lab? That reminds me! @Royboy0330, please change the oil in your pump. The more solvent you run past the trap, the more likely you are to experience catastrophic “spontaneous” combustion.

Also, @HeisenbergInd, that last bit had me dying! :rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

You bet I’m stopping everything and going to read for a few days and grow my skills

3 Likes

Watching endless hours of YouTube hasn’t seem to help

1 Like

Please feel free to continue asking questions. You’ve got the best in the biz on your side. Don’t let us discourage you. We’re in fact trying to do the opposite.

5 Likes

Wife used to be an ER trauma nurse…

Jesus the stories…

2 Likes

Dude, ethanol/iso is not in issue. Hundreds of others in Canada use ISO and do not have the issue. Your problem is in the process or equipment.

1 Like

So… you never got explicit on your winterization.

EXACTLY what are you doing. Temps, times, purity of iso.

Explain your process to my 20yr old. If you tell him to use iso 10:1 to filter and winterize, he’s gonna filter before freezing.

There is a graph posted upthread that shows both why ethanol is better for winterization than iso, and the difference between iso with or without water.

There is also a link to that same graph in context, explaining its relevance if it’s not immediately apparent.

5 Likes