SPD vaper getting Through the trap

Very tough my friend. Went to 2 places yesterday needing Ethanol it’s only been six months on the search closest place I can get it is British Columbia which is still eight hours away to the lower mainland. They give us licenses and then they take them away and change the rules so many times you’re right we are so far behind it’s ridiculous.

1 Like

The OP can use EtOH pro to distill some vodka to use for extraction if vodka can be gotten easy. (Well vodka, or any alcohol really)

2 Likes

@Royboy0330 is that cls at your place? The calender on the wall is not something you would find in Canada/US. That is a jacketed spool so you can fill that to the top with dry ice. Let that sit for 30-45min and keep it full of Dry ice. Keep your solvent tank on dry ice also before you push it thru the spool. This will help you keep fats/lipids out of your final product.

2 Likes

I own a big alcohol still and can make my own alcohol but I read it that people are using 100% I can’t make that I can only make 97

Yes I’m looking for a space for my lab for now I have it at home. Yes that’s a dry ice column.
Not much fats in the product after coming from the freezer to the dry ice.

Oh sorry I see what you’re saying the one picture of the CLS it was a picture from factory before I received it. (China)

3 Likes

You can’t distill the alcohol past 95.5% but that will work fine for winterization. It is what most people use anyhow

3 Likes

You need to have the cold traps be in astep up type setup. So the vapor has to fight gravity to go up. At the same time it’s spending longer duration with the dry ice to condense.

Tagged the wrong person whoops. @Royboy0330

2 Likes

So what would you suggest I do now? I have a whole bunch of crude mixed with iso that wont distil in my ETOH do you have any ideas on how to distil the liquids out of that without hurting the cannabinoids?

So you did not follow the Iso vs ethonal link to understand @SidViscous’s admonition to use Ethanol?!?

Try this post Iso vs ethonal - #76 by Photon_noir specifically (although I recommend the entire thread).

You don’t want 200 proof for winterizing.

2 Likes

I suggest you get creative.

You say you have a big still. Do you understand how it works? (Why buy an e.toe?!?)

Do you not see that you distill your hydrocarbon vapors in your CLS just as you distill cannabinoids in your spd?

You could use either you CLS or your spd to distill the iso. …

There are posts on both those setups here.

Ethanol recovery via SPD

etoh in a regular recovery tank - #11 by Dred_pirate

4 Likes

@Royboy0330 what state u in? I think you need a hands on consult

2 Likes

You need more dryice in your cold trap, you will also have to add acetone or something.This allows more thermal transfer.

3 Likes

Well my still would definitely work but it would be way too hot and destroy the product no?

The short path will for sure distil the product the problem and the meaning of my post is that it’s getting past both cold traps and into my pump.

You are sucking too fucking hard. You were pointed at a solution!

Controllable leak. (No link this time)

You were even pointed at a chart showing how hard to suck!!

Read grasshopper. Or pay someone to hold your damn hand.

6 Likes

Oh my friend I wish I was in a state I’m in Canada I looked for training for quite some time with not too much success

1 Like

Brother you need a consult. Ive spent 5-10k on the distillation knowledge I have and about a year or 2 of studying. For one easy payment of 999.99 I will come over and we can listen to juice wrld and smoke blunts

6 Likes

A long ass time ago I used to buy like a literal shopping cart full of the cheapest vodka I could buy, I would bump up the proof and use that. Especially at the scale your at that is do-able.

2 Likes

you can drive off the etoh with some distillation gear, if you have a 2-300mm liebig condenser and a clasin adapter your set, just run the still in non vacuum mode at 80*c or so stir bar cranked, condenser as cold as she gets. You will want a longer condenser than the short path head has, sometimes the vapor will outrun them. After you have boiled off the iso, pop the spd head on and set up up to distill cannabinoids.

You defiantly need a rotovap, that probably would sort out 75% of the issues your having.
see if you cant trade the E-toe for some cash, If you don’t mind me asking what did this thing cost?

2 Likes

97% EtOH is better than Iso, in my opinion. :man_shrugging:

1 Like