SPD - Last few steps before finish line - help!

hehe thats just a normal freezer aint it?. definitely want an ultra low freezer also for keeping dry ice. -152 is mad tho :D. but should not be need for much processing after

forgot to post the link on the hair/cascade. Good prices inhere, also purchase my wob-l from here - 5 year warranty, but that also pays for 2 or 3 chinese freezer in the same time spand.

2 Likes

I just wouldn’t worry about what alcohol_avenger is using. That guy is a clown. He likes to talk about some of the extreme things he does (if he even does them) because he likes the attention. I know the guy personally but seldom admit to it. -45C is scratching the surface. I believe most people are doing a quality product in the -80 range like you mentioned but -150, again if he’s even doing it is just fluff.

1 Like

Who is alcohol_avenger ???

He (Seth Oxhandler) uses that handle at instagram

skip this

Oh ok so this was an off topic post in this tread
Because I reread the tread trying to find to whom you refured :+1:

I use costco freezers and have for yrs

2 Likes

Need some spoons,

im about to order some small stuff from summit, also some raschig rings. But asking 140$ for 6x6 raschig rings for 1 pound in weight, do i need that many for a 2Litre head from david? any place i should purchase?

They are recommending these stirbars PTFE Pill R/E 25x14 for both 500mls - 1000mls and 2000mls RBF go for it?

Ive read that one wanted to pack the head if using media in the boiling flask to stop it from passing over. Correct?

Yes. But fiberglass cloth works best for that in my opinion the rough type
Not woven

Never even heard of a cloth being used to pack the head, nor seen pictures of it in practice .

do you have direct link? how do you pack the head with cloth?

Wrap bf with fireplace ripe

Glass wool its called alot, check out Bhogart’s website to see what it looks like then just search for it cheaper

1 Like

No pick
But first make sure you can pack your head
Might have the vigreau theeth in the way you will always need to make a bed for whatever not to fall treu
Then make sure you have a set of tweezers to pull things out of the head
Then pull the fiber cloth treads loose and make a cotton ball size by rolling them in your hand palms
Then push this in to the height you want them and set
If used as a bed for rashig rings or on their own

1 Like

@Concentrated_humbold thx, sure was not that type of cloth i was finding, so would just need to find some 8micron glass wool.

@Demontrich have that :metal:

@Roguelab thanks, made me little wiser of its use and how applied. - so if only using wool, u still want to pack the head with many small loosened balls all the way up, or only a small bed? have the head shown in pic.

Would it be correct assumed that rings reflux more, and cloth acts more towards a filter stopping the media from passing over

You can use stainless steel scrubbies like for dishes just clean it really good and wad up a piece and drop it the top and tap it down gently.

2 Likes

1 Like

My head only have the teeth at the bottom, straight tube up from there, so rings would stay put.

Not off topic at all. Cannaholiker, on Aug 21, referred to alcohol avenger using a -150 freezer. That is what I was responding to.