Sourcing Used Equipment

I wanted to list a couple of vendors and share my experience with them.

American Instrument Exchange; big shout out to Marion, great customer service. We were having trouble sourcing an FMS freezer and they had exactly what we needed. Came with manual, everything was working. They test the equipment before sending, securely shipped, great prices.

SpectraLab Scientific; okay overall. if you order something large, see if you can arrange shipping yourself through a courier besides FedEx :wink:

Where do you get your used lab equipment?

Here. Classified section.
eBay

2 Likes

eBay is the king of used anything.

2 Likes

Before you buy a piece of used equipment with a hefty price tag call the manufacturer and make sure that the equipment is still under warranty and that it can still be serviced after transfer of ownership.

1 Like

We have new and used extraction systems for sale if you’re interested. Brand new cup30’s , FFE’s, cup15’s and all sorts of other stuff. Basically a turn key Etoh lab in a box. Lmk

Surplus auctions are the shit. Its a gamble, but it often pays off big time.

3 Likes

We’re looking to equip a new ethanol lab

1 Like
3 Likes

“We” meaning whom, exactly (site?)

This is a very good auction site (Government Surplus Auctions - govdeals.com), HOWEVER it’s my understanding that for shipping you (yourself, or someone in your place must show up to claim the item, and have it shipped…) must show up to claim, and ship your item. I have seen PALLETS of vacuum pumps go for less than 3K. If I could find an investor, one of the things I would LOVE to do, is to go through that site, and clean things up, and totally stock a second hand science supply…Anyone looking for investment opportunities?

6 Likes

There is another site called “GSA Auctions” that I have a story about. Dude stationed in Japan bought a ‘mystery’ pallet (it’s called something else) from a base auction. It was in a really nice crate, and he figured whatever was in it at least was new and unbroken. He paid several hundred dollars, had it delivered off-base to his house. Turned out to be a missing aircraft part and people showed up to wheel it away with no refund, returning it to the base. Apparently they can do that, no different than being ‘stolen’ or on a restricted export list.

1 Like

Damn, I hope homie at least got his money back… Alot of the bigger machinery has a list of all serial numbers for each tractor, and tracks the parts sourcing etc from the serial numbers. Basically meaning the same thing you just speaking of for larger machinery, not just planes

1 Like

Hey guys give me a call or text at 818-823-6157 … I’ve still got a brand new CUP30 for sale. Let me know soon as we have one serious buyer coming to see it in 6 days. Thanks