Sonocrystallization

B r u u u h :star_struck:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Was just talking about that in response to apigenin extraction.

1 Like

But also ultrasonic nebulization? “An ultrasonic nebulizer does not use compressed air like a traditional nebulizer machine. Instead, an ultrasonic nebulizer uses high frequency vibrations to aerosolize the medication into a very fine mist. Since ultrasonic nebulizers don’t compress air, they operate very quietly, tend to be much smaller in size, and can fit in nearly any container.” Ways to Consume Cannabis: How Water-Compatible Nanoemulsions Can Help

1 Like

I think I figured this out actually, I know someone else making solventless diamonds by pressing bubble hash rosin in ~25u bubble bags, getting rid of the essential oil layer then decarbing the grey mass into solventless THC diamonds. Not THCa either. I was looking at the pictures and thinking of how much it looks like a hard candy from a mold. That grey mass can be put into those honeycomb silicon molds and decarbed into the hexagonal prisms you see. Not 100% on that, but that’s what I’m seeing

2 Likes

you’re mostly right. when it is melted down it doesn’t decarb though, the idea is to use minimal heat just to melt it, and it hardens to something very similar to hard candy or brittle. it is still THCA though.

But yes, it can be melted into molds to make any shape.

5 Likes

I’m not an expert, but they claim it to be decarbed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BppETQ4n4_g/?igshid=1woy6on189cs3

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqg4iGpneAw/?igshid=p84mlnegoq76
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrxtSlBB9Me/?igshid=1of2igkdb6xjc

2 Likes

That aint decarbed. Rosin isolation is completely different from what were trying to achieve here…
The point of this article is to achieve crystallization in a solvent based extraction using sound waves / frequencies/ etc too see if we are able to control crystallization patterns.
What @edl_canada is doing is something completely different and much easier to achieve

2 Likes

@NxxxxxS I’m responding specifically to someone who posted a photo of hexagonal prism crystals (they thought it was caused by cymatics, I’m presenting points of why I don’t believe that to be true)

6 Likes

Great thread!

1 Like

Let’s throw some more hippie shit into the mix

Maybe coupled with some vacuum on top and a medium bp solvent (Pentane?) We could sonicate and evaporate stuff quick? Not sure if it would crystalize

2 Likes

Yeah, about that… if its solventless THCa then they would have had to make that with CO2 or pressing?
I assumed they just poured slightly warm THCa fraction (CO2 extracted) into hexagon shaped silcone moulds and pop them out once chilled. Collecting THCa “dust” and melting it into a mould also makes sense and that can be done solventless as bubble hash extract.

If they were made in a solvent, then I would think cymatics could have been employed. Otherwise it was a nice visual stimuli to get our creative juices flowing. Thanks @Waxplug1 much love

4 Likes

How’s the taste?

Amazing! The terps preserve well with it! Don’t really use much heat.

1 Like

Syrris is outstandingly expensive. Pretty cool equipment, super easy to put together and pretty looking. But you pay for the pleasure. If you wanted to pilot this reaction I would suggest getting a cheaper reactor and a used sonicator probe to do some proof of concept before springing for the highly engineered new equipment.

1 Like

Im gonna try this one