Sonocrystallization

Is that a hint that we should try to find a frequency that makes a hexagon pattern?

1 Like

16 Likes

Watched a few videos and while they were making levitating stars of water utilizing multiples of its harmonic frequency it occurred to me I don’t suppose anyone knows what the harmonic frequency is for thc? We’d need the 5th or 6th harmonic it seems like to get shapes like those hexagonal shapes.

Also in watching a bunch of cymatics stuff I saw that each substance behaves differently when subjected to different frequencies. Thought 1 is wouldn’t it be difficult to get a consistent result when each concentrate is composed of a different cocktail of molecules? Thought 2 could we somehow use cymatics to perform sonic separations of different molecules to aid in color or even pesticide remediation? Even for evapping maybe, not for its agitation aspect, but to literally vibrate the solvent to areas where the oil is not?

I feel like cymatics and sonocrystalization are really playing with different elements of what can be accomplished using sound, but I’m just scratching at the surface on understanding either concept rn.

5 Likes

Not sure if they are being serious when a simple google search suggests the frequency of love is 528 hz

This is very speculative information I’m sorry

12 Likes

Or even a multiple of it…

I decided to listen to a few of those Solfeggio tones, the love frequency and it’s multiples, and honestly could almost feel them doing something to me, but they had to be somewhat loud.

7 Likes

I’m sure you could lower the volume if you chemically enhanced your sensitivity :wink:

14 Likes

Microdose some dmteeee

12 Likes

I remember doing that with my didgeridoo. Its crazy how something can unlock such interesting experiments

2 Likes

Fuckin hippies, the lot o’ yah! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

didge is definitely the safest way to blow indoors…:wink:

6 Likes

Has anyone tried this on a super saturated solution of Etoh and cannabinoids to force crystallization to start?

You’d need something where solubility is already at it’s limit. Ethanol has very good solubility of cannabinoids.

4 Likes

I have A file of 20Hz-100Hz
test tones files i use to build car systems you can loop them sonicate in pulses or constantly

2 Likes

Let me see if I understand what you’re saying. So it would be too heavy to the cannabinoid side of the ratio, at a super saturated point, to allow the mobility of molecules to occur. There will be too much cannabinoid per molecule of Etoh and that Etoh molecule will not want to release its cannabinoids with out an increase in forces(heat) to break the bonds. As compared to the bonds of a non-polar solvent. Polar bonds would not be as likely to brake under cavitation like a non-polar does? And once cavitation stopped, the crystallization would stall because of the higher bonding forces of the polar solvent.

1 Like

Sonocrystallization of thca

17 Likes

Continuously sonicated? Pulsed? Or just at the start to help things along? With or without a cold crash? Just curious.

3 Likes

Cold crashed, and ran for 4 mins at 20khrz then just heated as normal.

7 Likes

This was after the ultrasonic blast!

15 Likes

I have been working with a lot of frequency applications and i appreciate this input … if i may ask … i find a few huge consistancies with constant vs static vibrations both causing oscillations to form in sample water bathes … here you are suggestiong pulsating would be of benefit for creating said “bubbles”

1 Like

Turned out pretty well!

16 Likes