Some mechanical separation on some Stargazer Flower Rosin

Hello all of you beautiful people here. Long time lurker… semi recent account creator!

This is my very first actual post here so I’d like to share something I’ve done a few times with varying results. I will add that all of my attempts are done on a half functional Nugsmasher Mini.

Following this https://future4200.com/t/mechanical-separation-tek-solventless-diamonds/76926 and starting with a very small 3 grams of budder pressed from 20 grams of Stargazer flower.

A couple differences were that I didn’t have any 15u sheets, so I was stuck with what I assume was 20-25u SS squares, and the shit press doesn’t have a pressure gauge… so it’s all done by feel.

I think I can contribute the “sauce” portion being thick to either 1. It’s just thicker? Or 2. because I didn’t have 15u sheets and maybe have pressed to hard at one point… letting some melted rosin escape. The smaller portion in the jar was initially runnier at first, then kinda seized up. 2nd jar is a little runnier, but still doesn’t move much.

Isolate came out pretty clean, doesn’t appear to be anything else left, doesn’t taste like anything but packs a nice wallop. I’m uncomfortable calling it “sauce” but that too is really nice.

I know we all really like numbers on this site, I ran out of time before work to sit and weigh everything out so forgive me! I realllly need to tighten up the process and definitely need to get a new press.

Also shout out to @Solventless1 for posting such a thorough walk-through.

4 Likes