Solventfree pesticide remediation

Anyone ever heard of a system that could do it?

I’ve developed a way in my process for acidic cannabinoid isolation and was wondering what other known similar systems exist and whats the price of such a unit?

I appreciate those who post in response to this thread ahead of time because I haven’t been successful in my research

Similar to what exactly?

Low temp squish?!?

Short answer; No.
Long answer, maybe, in very specific cases.

If you’re in the “CO2 == solventless” camp, then SFC is a possibility, but CO2 is a solvent, which brings us back to “no”.

I’m generally not one to say “can’t be done”, but I’m more that willing to go out on that limb this time. I can think of no route for removing pesticides from biomass or solventless concentrates that does not require a solvent to allow that separation.

If it’s coming along for the ride with your cannabinoids or terpenes, then it will continue to do so without specific absorption or chromatography with the appropriate mobile phase (read “solvent”)

Having said that, gas chromatography might achieve this, albeit at a small scale.

#Solventarentallbad

Sorry I should’ve specified if it was biomass or concentrate remediation. I can’t remediate pesticide from biomass and doubt it’s even possible.

I can remediate pesticide from concentrates without using any secondary solvents. So I guess technically the starting material may not necessarily be solventless but the end material is surely solventfree.

I was mainly wondering if anyone else has already invented a process or device that can do the same thing or similar to what I’m developing. I know solvents and pesticides are a nuisance and it’s something I have no issues with

You’re obfuscating your process so much that no one knows what you’re talking about other than PR.

Perhaps if you better describe the variety of feedstocks your process can accept and the associated products it produces we could get a better feel for your solution.

Yes others are working on this and working to protect their IP. No idea if their solutions are similar to yours or skin the cat in a different way.

3 Likes

Shout out to dirteagle for having a constructive conversation with me earlier today. I removed the previous post because my questions were answered and am closing the thread. Big ups!

3 Likes

Making Kief first, should be a huge remediation step no? Eliminating 88% of the biomass that is pesticide laced from first “solvenfree-step” extraction. Possible seperate out the impurities in bubble bags, and let the cold water extract even more pesticides.

1 Like

You’re asking for the thread to be closed?

Or you’re just going to discourage further discussion?

Because, having been told I’m wrong, but not having been given the answer, I don’t know that I can leave it alone. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Being wrong is supposed to mean I learned something…:cry:

4 Likes

What exactly is your definition of solvent?
The world and specifically waste water treatment plants would love to know your methods!
Pesticides also very dramatically on almost every single level.
DT50 Numbers, UV decomp, hydrolysis DT50 etc.
Water solubility, dissociation constants, I mean damn if you have a 100% solvent free method then NASA, DOD and who knows is about to knock on your door.

2 Likes

What would be the protocol for Bifenazate and permethrin remediation for example?
Not being rude just looking for learning

1 Like

3 to 6 hours in my system and it’s gone. I can post some remediation data if you’d like?

1 Like

I thought I already replied to your post? What else did you want to know? I stated that I need the concentrate to be initially extracted with a solvent and that my process uses no secondary solvents to fully remediate and evaporate any solvent present in the sample.

I’m not sure what else you asked that I didn’t answer aside from my actual technology and SOP which I can’t discuss.

The only pesticide I’ve had problems with are chlorinated compounds. And that was only one time where the contamination level was over 9.00 ug, and I remediated it to 3.96. Remediated but still dirty

Will your process work on products that don’t crystallize

1 Like

Nope, my process only works because of acidic compound isolation. All non acidic compounds are mixed together with fats, oils, terpenes and the other constituents of the plant. I can only focus on and isolate cannabinoids with a crystalline structure

Hehehe i figured as much. So all products that don’t crystallize becomes bio-waste. How much product is lost in end. You working on methods for cleaning up the terps and non crystallized cannabinoid structures

1 Like

Also I flagged my own post for removal because I already got all the answers from dirteagle via phone conversation. There’s really no need for me to continue answering questions aside from answering others curiosity. Since I’m very protective of my tech, there are some questions I just will outright not answer so please don’t be offended.

You can continue to ask, but once you ask something I can’t disclose please be understanding. I’m as open as I can be without declassifying my methodology

Well, it’s not really waste due to the 20% non acidic cannabinoid content in the secondary product. I’ve had guys distillate it for great results but said it was a bitch and a half due to all the nasty and took awhile to process.

Aside from distilling the delta and CBN, cbd, thcv etc, I think the plant oils and fats may have some industrial or topical applications but I don’t have a proper lab to make breakthroughs on the “waste” product

40 to 60% is recovered as 99% THCa. So that leaves the other 40 - 60% is waste depending on quality of input. I usually see an average of 50% returns of pure isolated THCa.

Well since your using crystallization for isolation of remediated cannabinoids. Could it be possible to introduce a compound that binds with pesticides that can crystallize that way you can remove pesticides from terps and cannabinoids that don’t crystallize

@anon93688 Maybe you could chime in on this. Would it be possible to add another chemical or compound that binds to pesticides and can form a crystal like structure for remediation