Solubility of cbd isolate/distillate in various carriers

Did you look around on our website? what kind of isolate?

This topic got bump sideways with regard to terpenes from solubility of cbd.

My opinion is that terpenes are not comperhensively tested. Specifically the reported parameter list is often from available standards. Other terpenoids detected are ignored.

I suppose concocted formulations can be a big opportunity being possibly ignored for terpene accuracy.

Dose and dose escallation and frequency is also facinating. I suppose going from a small flower hit to big dab is an example in euphoria

I have created a nanoemulsion with 14g isolate with MCT and Sorbate 80
how do I calculate the amount of CBD/ml of solution

What’s the starting cbd potency %?

How much mct and sorbate80 did you use (volume in ml)

that’s easy: total mg CBD/total volume

14g CBD “isolate” => 14000mg X potency on your isolate.

lets imagine your COA claims 85% (more relevant for crude, but humor me)

=> 0.85 x 14000 = 11900mg.

to get a concentration (in mg/ml), you need to know how many milliliters you’ve got.

lets say you used a (US) gallon. => 3785ml

so you have 11900mg in 3785ml

what’s your concentration Trev?
now round to two decimal places :wink:

Edit: highly recommended that you do the math before doing the dilution…

2 Likes

Anyone have any knowledge as to how many mg of cannabinoid per ml of MCT oil you can cram in?

I’ve done 400mg, probably 500mg/ml

I believe @Dr_Jebril has data putting the limits closer to 350mg/ml

Well hot damn

apparently not…

1 Like

In fact the solubility limit of pure cbd in c8:c10 MCT oil, at about 20-22c, is 33%. You can achieve richer mixes, but the excess cbd will eventually crash at some point, e.g. if you add a seed, or smeer the mix as a thin film on a surface. As soon as it start to crystalyse, you can then sort of freeze the whole mix if you stirr it up. The concentration of cbd actually dissolved in the oil will be 33% then.

3 Likes

Do the canmabinoids take up volumetric space once homoginized?

Of course. Cannabinoids occupy space too !

I don’t see people calculating for that

I m sorry I don’t understand your interrogation.

Being homogenized or not, both ingredient being mixed have given volumetric masses.
For edible oils, it is generally in the 0.91-0.95 g/cm3 range, while for CBD extract or isolate, it is rather in the 0.97-0.99 g/cm3 range.

Mixing does not necessary result in a linear combination of the densities of the ingredients. But in the case of hemp tincture at 5-20% concentration, it can be calculated by linear combination. Thus you can expect a final density 0.01 to 0.02 g/cm3 higher than that of you carrier oil.

3 Likes

I think Dr_Jebril is wicked smart.

1 Like

folks show their math?

1 Like

That’s not a nanoemulsion btw, not even a regular emulsion, just a solution.

1 Like