Socks holding alot of liquid butane

Was thinking of doing that, running it to the mol then pump, since its not heated do you think just running it to condenser coil would be fine and not carry over any water?
Thank you

Be very careful ever vac’ing a filled column with anything other than a venturi pump my man. Like I said flash point for butane is around -60c so if you’re above that there’s almost certainly going to be enough vapor for a boom boom.

Vapor + oxygen + spark(vac pump) = no bueno

I think butane’s LEL is only like 1.8% of atmosphere

2 Likes

Im running a piab venturi pump. Thank you i really appreciate the info and response!

3 Likes

Good on ya! Most welcome!

2 Likes

Use a gas recovery pump such as a TRS21 or a GC5000 or Corken or CMEPOL, do not use a regular scroll vac pump or the like

About the water, I would suggest that there is very little chance that water will evaporate the cold material column and go into your gas recovery pump but if your worried route it thru your sieve 1st

2 Likes

Thank you! We are running a corken t91 for recovery

To what temp should a material colum be heated for best recovery? Loosing 1lb of solvent per 1lb of biomass sounds a lot.

2 Likes

I was always between 105F and 135F

3 Likes

1lb per lb of bio definitely seems excessive, but if that’s the norm for not heating spools i guess we will just chock it up to more consumables than originally thought for speed of production.

Would it make since to open top of spool and push down on sock to try and squeeze extra tane out then burping one more time before removing?

That would almost certainly help get more solvent back.

Though you’re likely still going to need a pressure assist to actually move it along.

How much is that solvent worth tho?

6 x 48 im guessing your running between 7-9 lbs per sock on average. So is the ($6/LB) $42-$63 in butane loss per run worth the effort ?

I suppose at even 5 runs a day, those figures can stack up quite quickly. If the system is properly grounded and in a proper booth the risk sounds minimal for sure. Give it a shot :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’re not going to be able to push it out by hand at those temperatures. The fact that your columns stay so cold is what’s causing issues. How are you able to vacuum back down your column when you’ve got a new sock in if you have a pool of butane in the bottom of it?

It really just puts more load on your filtration stack running the spent through alongside your good solution and the compounds present in that long soak solution are not the same as the impurities present in the unsoaked version. I think you’ll be amazed what difference you’ll see by excluding that portion for a separate process stream.

Zeoclear Y is a good product. I’d say it compares to our CheapFast in use and efficacy. Only difference being CheapFast is available for $110 for 20 lbs where Zeoclear Y costs $150 for 9kg(19.8 lbs).

That’s without it being on sale right now. About a week ago CheapFast was available for $77 for 20 lbs. Or buy it in big chunks and get it for $900 for 200lbs without a sale!

Call (619) 913-2770 9a-9p PT 7 days a week to get your free sample!

What is the point of saying it was available for that price in the past? Thca Diamonds were $100 a gram in the past, but stating that does nothing for us in the now!

Residence time when distilling tane out of your material columns is key, having multiple material columns helps for sure

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on that a little more please? Thank you

shoot material column 1, warm it to promote pressure, send that psi to your corken

while the above is happening you can technically start shooting material column 2 if you have the cold butane and by the time you cycle to column 4, the 1st column has been on recovery for hours, you will want to keep the pressure up to feed your corken because they dont like to be used as vac pumps

3 Likes

I cant let a single column warm up, only option would be to turn chiller pump off and let everything warm up. Yeah i don’t let corken run without some pressure feeding it, gotta do the mod on it soon so it can suck. Thank you for the response and info!

Not the only way to dry your socks…Column heat mats

You might explore more…Eg: How to get cold butane completely out of material column? & Help! Butane always left in material column!

One might also add that if f your socks are dripping butane you’re standing in a puddle, Don’t be a BLEVEr…

1 Like

Definitely don’t want to be a BLEVEr, that’s why im asking here and appreciate all the info and responses! Thanks guys

that controlled ignition of atomized fuel is very impressive

1 Like

Unlike unpredictable market swings, our sales are regular and rotating. The point is making you aware just how much money you can save if you catch the next one. This month GoodFast is on sell for 30% off all January. I wonder what next month will hold? To find out be sure to swing by:

Even when it’s not on sale, though, you’ll save money. Save $40 today or buy it when it goes on sale again and save almost $80.

As far as getting the puddle out, you can at least push that forward or into a separate vessel just before opening your material column, but you won’t be able to get much dryer even with a recovery pump without the addition of heat or by pulling a vacuum on the column with that pump. The process of evaporation is only going to cool those already cold columns further.

At least doing it this way you’ll be able to safely pull your columns back down to a full vacuum before beginning your next run.

1 Like