So we going to ignore opaline silica issues

What’s so bad about opaline silica? What buckets say it dissolves in water? Do you have proof or pics of this happening?

Asking for a friend

3 Likes

he definitely said silica was bad but has his own products?

3 Likes

He is saying the opeline silica dissolves when ran with hydrocarbons. Is the way I took it.

Maybe I misread it.

2 Likes

I’m saying I don’t exactly know the details to opaline products and it’s shrouded in mystery and how opaline silica may contain zeolites and that has reactivity with water. And alot of the products used haven’t had any direct testing for minor compounds. Lab silica’s and general use silica’s all have numerous papers written with thier uses and safety and removal to make safer for industrial uses in pharma. It’s so common to use them in chromatography or like filtering catalysts from reactions etc… It’s super common

4 Likes

had me wondering…

so opaline “silica” is the concern …?

Well it comes from the planet Mars

9 Likes

Martian powders o no we are being invaded!!!

5 Likes

9 Likes

Oil dri imports it in

20 Likes

Oil dri is just another Elon musk company. Why do you think he wants on Mars so bad. So he can corner the crc market.

16 Likes

Plot twist, pulverized moon rocks elute d8 and d9 at significantly different rates. Thats how u get complaint d8, moonrock chromatography duh

10 Likes

I am kinda working on my cats poop turns to d8 after absorbing in the cat litter. I am also testing my spills from oil changes and using floor dry to clean it up. wondering how much d8 is in that also.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Just going to say silicates have been identified in a lot of black market products in the last year. So this is not a fabricated concern.

2 Likes

who is testing for silicates? i havent seen this article. can you share your source??

11 Likes

Same with vac grease, fire retardant, lots of mold, solvents, heavy metals, leftover reactants, and unknown isomers that are being sold.
There is a lot of stuff that needs to change ethically about the industry, sadly these days it is money over ethics.

16 Likes

@MediaBros, what do you guys have to say about this?

3 Likes

What’s going on here? Can someone give me the tldr?

2 Likes

@MediaBros Any of that stuff true about your products?

4 Likes

Opaline silica is no bueno for crc

1 Like