So we going to ignore opaline silica issues

So opaline silica has dissolution issues with any moisture content. Weather it be in the hydrocarbon butane or propane extraction to the material itself having water present. It then dissolves small amounts into the extract. Clearly stating on these buckets of new media not to use with alcohol due to the water issues. Are y’all just looking the other way allowing silicates to be present in the extracts you serve your customers? Asking for a friend.

Who is using these new products and forgetting the three new blends in market aren’t suitable yet for human consumption. Without any real sds or even remote liability from the distributors. I’d be willing to hear anyone out to learn about this but what I’m hearing from walk in customers are a slew of bad news about to go ripe…

6 Likes

What are these 3 new products?

Anything out there with the source product in it.

are any zeolites or filtration medias rated for processing products for vaporization?

1 Like

Good question.

I know that most in general that are similarly inert to reactions bare uses widely in even purification of pharmaceuticals. But those all come with safety data sheets :person_shrugging:

1 Like

all of them just list adsorbent or food oil purification from what I see

1 Like

“dab safe certification” sadly does not exist, yet…

6 Likes

Not worried personally, we use only the best :wink:
Heard of silicates showing up in extracts from some buddies in Michigan recently :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I know what product he’s talking about and been keen on not carrying it despite seeing some people using it.

I’m wondering why the company and media isn’t being discussed.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

8 Likes

Is this the stuff in question?

3 Likes

Sorta. A company now is supposedly using this as a main ingredient in their media

Let’s take a guess who…

5 Likes

Media bros?

4 Likes

Fat dog cbd
Crx

Those two have granular products, I assume all granular media has it.

Chemtek also has one, but @Waxplug1 confirmed it is not opaline silica.

Edit: as promised, I edited this statement after Waxplug1 stated ultra clear has no opaline silica

12 Likes

@Curious_Roberto is sharp today…:rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Lol, I have a good memory and remember this being discussed in the opaline silica thread

7 Likes

Here’s where it’s being talked about for everyone, just to show I’m not shooting from the hip.

9 Likes

ITs gRanUlaR sO iTs sAfEr

9 Likes

I’m wondering if lightweight kitty litter is opaline silica.

honestly, it’s about the same density and looks exactly like some of the brands I’ve bought before.

I know some clay litter is just bentonite clay

6 Likes

The ultra clear is attapulgite clay

Here’s more information on it

3 Likes