So we going to ignore opaline silica issues

Kitty litter is crushed atapulgite generally.

5 Likes

So wait, it doesn’t contain opaline silica? You said it was in that thread.

Is it changed? Because I just double checked, and @FamilyFarms asked how the pallet of opaline silica testing went, and what I quoted is what you replied directly to him.

If I’m mistaken, I’ll happily edit my statements, but from what I’ve seen, you said it was opaline silica.

3 Likes

When @Photon_noir shared his picture and started the first thread which is the sample size bottle picture he called it opaline silica which is why it’s being referred to it as that. However when I reached out to oil dri and sent them the same pic of the rvm sample they told me it’s the ultra clear

There’s a lot of different sources for these granular medias. We have a new granule size of the same Ultra Clear that’s very similar to sand at the beach The Ultra Clear S. It should help slow the flow down a bit where the granules are too fast and create a more even flow with it being more uniform in size. Well have it available this weekend

5 Likes

What mine was it sourced from?

I believe you, but this is should be a concern.

If you look at oil dri’s data sheet, they have three 16/30 rvm products, and each is a different mineral

agsorb_reference_guide.pdf (784.6 KB)

Of you’re getting it from the ca mines, it’s hydrous aluminosilicate. Only the ga mines products are attapulgites

2 Likes

2 Likes

Whether RVM or LVM if it’s from GA it’s attapulgite

2 Likes

If there’s a silica to worry about it would be this 7 part blend of who knows what

15 Likes

I heard the new thing is to fill your crc up with rock salt.

7 Likes

I edited my statement as I promised I would.

2 Likes

No worries happy to clarify

5 Likes

You guys don’t know about that new new

22 Likes

How dare you question the quality of Summit! This silica is 99.999999999999% pure! It plainly states that it’s “Lab Grade”, and “Lab Made”… That’s all we need to know… If the King’s selling it, it’s got to be the best

10 Likes

Some of the futurites have taken this phrase literally.

More trade secret being shared today.

7 Likes

cat(litter)s out of the bag on the magic dust guys

2 Likes

Mix the 2 products and you have the crc master shit

4 Likes

You mean something that’s classified same hazard level as de? That is the cleanest blend of silica only equal to the sterile millipore certified ultra de…

This is organic and inert to any chemical we use in the industry.

There you go, now you know what this who knows what is.

2 Likes

It’s literally the best filtration media I found from years of continued research and mineral blending or source products. The product is known for its feel, and touch when you handle it. Extremely large silica particles with a nice variation for flow and useage.

In all fairness to all silica products out there. It has the severe harmful inhilation hazzard and is clearly marked and similar to beach sand or cutting glass with a grinder wheel etc… Same same for all powdered silica’s. Other than that there’s no mystery as to it’s interaction with chemical processes in filtering.

2 Likes

So why say its a 7 part blend?? When its just 7 kinds of silica??

Yes it has seven major ingredients as it sits. We have found the sourcing of this product integral to its continued performance. It’s very important and that is why we stick with this product for filtration needs.

I said it is compatible with toxicity to de. It’s still our silicate. But compatible identical toxicity to powdered silica’s like de or even beach sand etc.