So I made a thing to decarb with

Gaaah seeing that video makes me so glad i no longer work in co2 extraction… faaak

3 Likes

sorry if youve mentioned, what carts are you using? and how viscous is your oil?

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Ascent full ceramics on that round. The oil will move at room temp, but it will not move noticeably to the eye…unless you got time on your hands. Sorry, I have a hard time using words to describe the viscosity of thick oils.

Also on a side note…i made it to the grey wheel today to polish up some tools I squished.

17 Likes

I am honored that she’s going to keep it living on

2 Likes

Yeah we run a system at 1000 bar. It does not re-carb material on its own. Nor does it seem to decarb at accelerated rates, at least within 36 hours which is the longest I’ve maintained those pressures.

3 Likes

Well, yeah. All kinds of shit gets weird at super high pressures! Supercritical THC, anyone? Seriously. The cannabinoids are more likely to break down into coal at pressures over 10kpsi than to do anything useful… unless that’s what folks mean by “Straight FUEL, Fam!” :thinking:

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

There are a bunch of great applications for these pressures, none of which I’m allowed to talk about lol. One of them rhymes with “crep phromatography”. In all seriousness, there’s a lot of talk about high pressures causing issues with reactivity and that simply isn’t what we’ve seen at all. The pressure certainly doesn’t seem to have anywhere near the affects of increased temperature.

5 Likes

You’re spot on, there, when it comes to 1st Order reactions and “pseudo” 1st Order reactions like decarboxylation (which I think is the rxn of topical interest here). However, pressure does change rxn speeds and equilibria with 2nd Order rxns like catalytic isomerization, which usually also involve some elevated temperature… although you are still correct that temperature plays a more significant role than pressure.

6 Likes

Yes, @TwistedStill !

I’ve kept over 9% terps on ethanol crude decarbing in a mason jar. Badass work on your contraption though

3 Likes

nice work!

What temp, how long and how full was your jar?

2 Likes

Any reaction where the product is a gas will have some rate sensitivity to pressure changes.

Made a thing like yours @TwistedStill great idea for a tool to decarb with!

14 Likes

Very nice @TheFire210
Cool vessel @Waxplug1
What kind of pressures ya’ll seeing with x amount of fresh oil?

4 Likes

low temp about 250g crude per 1500ml jar so it doesn’t overflow just burp it and swirl it like every 30 minutes until there’s no bubbles. Usually takes a long ass time but makes amazing meds

2 Likes

Love that. great plan!

Is that a 4" lid? And if so where tf did you get it??? I want one like that bad for my 4" spools and can’t find barely anything for 4 lids nowadays

Edit: found one at hfs I think. Dunno why I didn’t find it before.

1 Like

Yea it’s a 4in I got it from HFS

4 Likes

@cyclopath @TwistedStill

So I found these jacketed, SS thingies. Immediate thought: Hmmm closed vessel decarb (da-bomb)…

ss jacket 2 ss jacket 1

2 Likes