So extracting hemp is illegal now? Am I comprehending this correctly?

2 Likes

There is no carve out for extracts over 0.3% THC. Better dilute that quick!

My favorite gummy manufacturer makes 40 gram 0.3% THC gummies. Totally legal.

5 Likes

Lol 2022 enforcement of laws make last years liter now this years 5 gallon lol

2 Likes

I guess some states have already individually addressed this by allowing up to 5% in process products like CO. Then the state specifically advises to to dilute, or remediate through an allowed route. You just have to label the thc content clearly.

If states don’t have similar provisions I wonder how that affects extraction as a whole?

4 Likes

This is federal dude. The dea not your states laws. Your state can choose to not enforce those laws but you live in the United States. Your subject to those laws. They are going to run shop on the hemp industry.

If I’m operating under a hemp business license it seems like I’ll just have to stick to the rules, but it seems similar to thc still being federally illegal yet in CO and many other states people have retail mj.
Between states probably less wise though.

3 Likes

Lol or like how they used to raid dispensaries…
This is all about shutting down d8

The only way the feds get involved is if you commit a federal felony. 5% state law sucks, and those edibles are going to taste like crap, but I’ll take state or local law over any federal bureaucracy.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to dilute the waste steam too…

4 Likes

Agreed, but your state law doesn’t keep the feds out. Public opinion and law used to.
Now it’s hemp busting crusade. They restricted laws here in Oregon to crack down. They’re getting the whole industry thinned out before the money gets real big in legalization.

4 Likes

If you’re making thc extract at. 4 that’s by law manufacturing of a controlled substance

Is that felony, I don’t know but it sounds like it

I bet most folks don’t want their mother liquor tested by the feds straight out of the reactor.

5 Likes

Ah now someone smarter figures it out. You’re correct, this is about isolating that compound.

2 Likes

Looks like the CBN supply is about to go parabolic

2 Likes

This is just the legacy drug warriors reserving the right to fuck with legal market operators.

It won’t stand long.

9 Likes

Would love to see the negative publicity of the DEA raiding hemp manufacturers haha.

5 Likes

Would hate to be the lab they decide to raid!

4 Likes

They need to pick someone we don’t like.

1 Like

Hard to imagine they’d fuck with someone only making CBD

This is where the US v Nicholas Sands case becomes relevant - anything made from material that was over .3% THC potentially becomes a marijuana product/illegal

2 Likes