Snowboarding/skiing 2021 (and now 2022) and now 2023

I know bro same here, its all love lol

snowboarders v skiers for the rest of time

3 Likes

Well lets go then brother, because allllllll my boarding buddies (who are far from beginners) are always lagging behind me and my skiing buddy.
Always waiting on you cavemen :joy:

2 Likes

It’s really about what your crew rides. A snowboarder can rip with skiers and vice versa, but line selection for both is a bit different.

I don’t care for groomers and like the variable terrain and bumps, and all of my boys ski so I made the transition from boarding to skiing. Haven’t ever looked back, but if all my boys boarded I’d probably be in the opposite camp.

Just gonna leave this gem here.

6 Likes

Definitely a good point here with preferred terrain and line choice. Bumps are fun when skiing. The only time I like them snowboarding is with a foot of powder on top or when they get slushy in the spring

Edit
I actually started snowboarding because I was the only skier in my group and it looked like they (snowboarders) were always having more fun :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have sympathy for anyone who transitions to one sport or another as an adult. I learned to snowboard as a kid and I’m not re learning another alpine sport. It took a lot of good spills to get to the level I’m at now and I don’t want to feel all that pain again. Lol

That said I am kinda interested in getting a pow surfer to fuck around on….but that’s still another board sport, so nothing too wild.

3 Likes

Hyped for this weekend. Going to be sunny for the next week or so. Stoked to get some bluebirds in!

Hoping I can get a few mid week sessions in next week too….

Me the night before I go snowboarding….

2 Likes

49n is the best place on earth lol

Another good one today. Cold as fuck though…

I’m ready for some spring riding lol

Beautiful day up here.

4 Likes

Going to get a pair of these soon, stoked to try mervins take on bindings. Will be my first set with mini discs, hoping I like them.

1 Like

this video cracks me the fuck up every time I see it lol he is genuinely hurt that somenone would ride a snowboard :joy:

1 Like

Same!

Damm thats pretty legit for NM

2 Likes

I say skip the lesson. find a friend and spend the extra cash on demo rentals instead of regular so you can feel what a good board is like and try out different things you might actually buy.

this really take the right friend… They need to be able to put into understandable terms how to ride and be able to look for what you are doing wrong to teach you efficiently.

2 Likes

And lose a day of riding to teach them.

6 Likes

Im always here down in Portland to guide and watch those first falls

3 Likes

Got a job to check out up by the mountain first thing this morning. Figured I would be stupid to not lump In a trip to the mountain afterwards.

Can’t beat mid week sessions. Place is dead.

If any of you guys make it out this way, hit me up and we will make something happen! 49 is a hidden gem imo

Another one

2 Likes