Smokeable flower is available in Oregon

I dont disagree about the price drop but we have already sold a couple thousand lbs at $275 to some buyers. People are looking for quality and when you have it they are willing to pay

Sure, but if you’re trying to entice people to buy lots of it, people around here who are around a lot of good hemp with super low prices,
I’m just saying there’s a price you can get, and a price that will entice others to buy bulk from YOU.

@CBDHempire @oliver_crisppp @Defender I’m just gonna throw this out there and let you all debate the language. Seems to me that the authors were trying to cover THCA by including it, but didn’t realize how chemistry works (surprise). No mention of D8, D10, or THCA specifically. If you factor in the 12% loss due to decarboxylation (.76THCA x .88) you still end up with .6688% D9 :frowning:

4 Likes

If you have high power w good looks and nose you can get more then that

Anyone can grow row crop bs but if You got the best done right they will pay

Exactly! Another 10k sold today. $260

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty obvious that THCa was not legalized but some people only believe what makes them money

2 Likes

That’s way too low I sold some today for $700

So then buy some off me and flip it

2 Likes

Well sir mines around 22% rock hard bright green and straight gas :fuelpump:

4 Likes

Can’t believe people pay that much to not get high.

5 Likes

Page 3 of this memorandum states delta 9 federally but unfortunately in Virginia they’re testing total THC.

1 Like

:joy:. Other health benefits broham.

1 Like

It’s different tho. For me I don’t like smoking thc. fucks me up way to bad not fun. I like the cbd high. But so many of these hemp strains smell like old school piney weed. Medno blendo lbs phenos all mixed up like salad. So I have a different standard with my product. More a medical marijuana style done cbd smokeable vs field row crop stuff. It’s all about what a person wants at the end of the day. I know what I want and would be willing to pay for and others out there are too. And btw this won’t get u a head high or weird parts of a thc high you’re right. But as for laughing making your mood uplifted and relaxed making music sound a lil better food taste a lil better and feeling like ur floating yes that’s the high I like

5 Likes

So I’m a hemp farmer in Oregon as well, trying to participate in the smokeable flower market. I was under the impression all season that Oregon was a delta 9 state. If you call the ODA Directly they will tell you that Oregon is a total thc state, and has been for a while. I keep hearing from what seem like solid people in the industry, that no, Oregon is only concerned with delta 9. Where is the confusion coming from? I also wonder what is going to happen with all the flower grown this season, with the feds changing the Testing requirements to total thc.? After Jan 1 will it be deemed illegal? Will this years be grandfathered in? I have no clue… it’s frustrating.

1 Like

Rod Kight is saying that the regs do not apply to product already harvested legally.

https://cannabusiness.law/usda-draft-hemp-regulations-are-out/

1 Like

The legality of hemp says delta 9 must be .3% or below using a fully decarbed test sample. There is no THCa in a decarbed sample, b/c all THCa has been converted to THC. So yea. When you sell flower pretending delta 9 in flower represents THC, you’re misrepresnting the law, and you’re slang’n MJ. If you cross state lines with this, you’re transporting schedule 1 MJ. See 2018 farm bill about 10 paragraphs below where it says delta 9 needs to be .3 or below, where it describes testing for delta 9. Any argument an alt test method using non-decarbed sample is ridiculous from a legal perspective.

If you’re slang’n hot flower, I shouldn’t be the one teaching you this in a public forum …

1 Like

THC-d9 vs Total THC regs vary state to state. The USDA proposed rules go with Total THC, but Oregon, Tennessee and some others are still running with just THC-d9 for their state programs. This will go on for another year or so until the states have to negotiate with the USDA. If it does end up being total THC enforcement everywhere it’s going to be tough to sell trimmed flower. It is a hybrid rule in VT right now, with finished goods for consumers (including packaged buds) regulated on total THC <0.3% , but sales to processors and B2B are allowed total THC up to 1% …

2 Likes

This product is currently legal in Oregon. Crossing state lines with it is highly questionable.

3 Likes

Not really “questionable”, unless that’s code for illegal.

1 Like