Slanger review honeygold/mc nutraceuticals

I received a kilo of “crystal resistant” cbd distillate from mc nutraceuticals a couple weeks back and dropped some off at mcr in massachusetts to get tested, the test is public under cbd distillate. Test came back alot worse than the stuff they sent me.

This is what I got back from mcr, the coa the company sent me is off on every single thing except thc %1661198833150_1661198824132_20220719-CRD (1).pdf (1.4 MB)
This is the test I was sent from them. This is the first time I’ve gotten something from them. Package was sent promptly after payment and got here quickly. I might send it out to get tested again at proverde but I cant use it in time for what I wanted to, so it was a waste of a grand so far. If anyone has insight into this I’d be interested, also if anyone knows any rock solid analytical labs open to the public in ma/me I would be fine with more consistent results.

Did you reach out to @Bret_HoneyGold or anyone before posting this?

3 Likes

At least it’s non detect.

7 Likes

We’d be happy to test what you received. Obviously the sample we received for testing is not the same gram of material you’d send us, so there may be differences.

3 Likes

The MCR COA points out 7.89% CBT on the potency pie chart.

The difference in % in CBT is similar to the % diff of CBD content as well, between both COA’s

EDIT: Looks like you saw!:blush:

3 Likes

My bad, I was only looking at the bottom image.

Our chromatogram is uploaded and values normalized to internal standard, so apart from that I’d question homogeneity of the batch.

All products are welcomed to be returned, if you PM me with your sales Rep, we can get this handled promptly. I would alway suggesting testing at the same lab that the COA that was provided to you.

Send me a PM!

6 Likes

@Bret_HoneyGold if yall need a large batch homogenizer, I got you

3 Likes

I do not believe that to be the problem here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

CBN is basically the same, so I agree.

1 Like

Most crystallization resistant CBD “distillate” I see nowadays has a substantial amount of CBDa in it as well so I’m surprised to see non-detect on CBDa. I’d take @kcalabs up on their offer to retest it and if there was a mishap on Honey Gold‘s end then there is no doubt that Bret will make it right. I refer a lot of my terp customers his way and they all have been nothing short of pleased with their products/service.

9 Likes

The sales rep and I talked a bit last week about it but we didnt get as far as talking about returns or anything. I’m still trying to decide to retest or not. I texted bret and the rep about it kinda pissed off, sorry about that haha, waited to talk to mcr a bit about it. To be honest sending something to the same lab as the certificate provided by the company that sold me the material is something I’ve never done, because im not sure what happens behind closed doors, who knows, not me. I’ve done this with plenty of material and mcr has been very consistent with other stuff I’ve tested in the past. But I do want to find somewhere that has a higher grade of equipment and standards if there’s anywhere like that.

2 Likes

@kcalabs , is the best.

I have not received any messages from you today @nightshade . Please pm my so you can get me number, and we can help you with the process of analytical testing.

You don’t have to tell them about the first sample. Just send it blindly to the same lab and see what the results are.

1 Like

Sign up for an account, don’t tell us it’s you, label the sample differently, test it, post results.

13 Likes

Looked through your website, you only do buisness to buisness testing? I’ve got nothing registered at this time so I don’t think that’s possible.

Those fields on the form are not required.

You can also use this form to send it in: KCA_Labs_Sample_Submission_Form.pdf (157.6 KB)

5 Likes

This material looks like it was made with a remediation technique. 20% CBT… is this the product of cooking the oil for a long time to remove the d9?

2 Likes

Im not a chemist but I doubt its more cost effective to isolate each minor and blend them into a liquid, @kcalabs alright sounds good, I thought they were required by asterisk on your site. Yall post the pricing of your tests? And what would you suggest as far as confirming the material? Just a general cannabinoid test? The only other one with results from the crd is terpenes. Also not sure if this is addressed in other places on the forum yet but id appreciate an explanation of how and which methods used to test the material. On the paper is says testing done by hplc, lc, and/ or gs, so which one/ones did you use? That would help me find other places to send material to corroborate your numbers. The thing where people in the industry say “this lab is the best” has been said about alot of labs. I think if the conversation went more towards discussing equipment and standards then the gap of efficacy between different labs would close by alot.

It depends, but I imagine we tested it on HPLC first and GCMS to confirm the D9 as absent.

Yes, check the box for cannabinoids. $75 for the HPLC run and $50 for the MS confirm.

We’ve been quite vocal about HPLC alone being deficient in testing anything but plant materials.

4 Likes