Slanger review honeygold/mc nutraceuticals

mcr tested the sample i sent them again, i dropped off like 2gs, and now there’s numbers on the board for thc… same exact material. i haven’t sent the stuff over to kca yet i’ve been busy and i don’t really like the mail, but i’m sure ill find time for it. stuff sits on the shelf until then.
Report is Not Available. Please log in to see your report. | MCR Labs, this should be available to the public. good thing i took a screenshot of the last results too because now they’re overwritten by these results.

That doesn’t look so hot for mcr labs. They just missed that thc the first time huh?

Lots of remediated distillate has a peak eluting at the D9-THC retention time on HPLC that is not actually D9-THC. HPLC is inadequate at differentiating between the compounds.

4 Likes

Why don’t you return the product, and get your money back.

1 Like

was it from a different part of the jar? These liters are not homogenous, Ive noticed swings in the jar of a few percent for sure. Maybe your sample should be homogenous I am not sure but I notice in traditional d9 liters theyre different by a few percent even if hot poured into a 10 liter vessel

Ill see if I can dig up the testing if anyone cares. I think hot disty needs to be homogenized for it to be the same through out

Also not sticking up for MCR they definitely have given me weird results a few times. Theyre too big and too busy imo, which is why I stopped using them. But they definitely are a good lab

1 Like

I’m not sure what the criteria is for a good lab anymore. Testing the same material within measurement uncertainty is my criteria.

3 Likes

What about the Emerald Scientific lab qualification tests? https://pt.emeraldscientific.com/?_ga=2.251555460.302416162.1661874069-186898815.1661874067

With that discrepancy alone I would specifically seek out another lab to compare results. Personally I’d go with one that handles more full spectrum hemp distillates. People underestimate how much better analysts are at running the same types of samples day after day. When there’s a time constraint to turn over X number of samples every day or week, that will really impact the accuracy of the results they deliver to you. This is especially common in high volume rec market cannabis labs.

Some labs will lose money on samples and spend an extensive amount of time leaving no stone unturned. @kcalabs has sent me several detailed write ups explaining their findings. Almost everything I’ve sent them was already tested and their results were always consistent with what I already knew was in it. Others just will choose not to ask questions, generate a COA and move on to the next.

7 Likes

@kcalabs has gone above and beyond to make sure that their test results are accurate for us too. @MassTerpenes experience is similar to mine. They’ve given me multiple write ups explaining their findings, communicated with my clients to help with clarification, and collaborated with academic labs on our behalf to help dive further into some of our unique questions.

7 Likes

@kcalabs IMO is the best lab around. Whoever they have that has helped them develop there testing methods is a BEAST at what they do. They understand testing on a whole nother level compared to the other labs I’ve used.

They’re pretty much the only lab I use and trust whole heartedly after having lab after lab give me bad results. They’ll also do custom requests too which is nice for R and D purposes. I’ve had them analyze fat samples to help me identify things getting through my membranes and such which no other lab wanted anything to do with

They’re about the science not about the BS

13 Likes

This may even be two peaks.
In the GC method I use, there are usually two peaks surrounding d9-THC in such products. This makes quantification of THC difficult if it is below 0.1%. Poorly designed methods would easily confuse all these for d9-THC, similarly to the d9/d8 confusion in d8 products.

4 Likes

Exactly, so imagine the headache we face when we prove it isn’t D9-THC and then labs using such poorly designed methods choose to call it.

@MassTerpenes, @KandThegingchemist, @Kingofthekush420 thanks for the kind words. I sent them to my team, so they know their hard work is valued.

13 Likes

i dropped my phone and the lcd broke, i am a busy guy, driving around alot and stuff. like i said before, id like to use the material but if i cant i would return it. i appreciate the offer and ill probably take it up when i have time to organize it

yeah i agree with everything in there, i dunno if ill be back at mcr. they are the easiest option but this test i dont like. it was from the same part of the jar, i originally dropped off much more than the minimum sample requirement so they dipped into the same container i sent them, and the container was a small silicone slick. not the best container but its what i had with me. i wish we had a kca in every state. whats up with the legality of testing products with thc? im in mass so that would be an issue wouldnt it? i might visit proverde but @kcalabs do you think anyone in the northeast is a viable option?

You bought T-free disty, I don’t think there’s an issue sending it to us. I don’t send materials to get tested, so I can’t comment on other labs.

1 Like

sorry the wording was unclear, i was wondering about other samples for the rec and med market that are supposed to have thc in them. seems like thats probably illegal until federal legalization?

I respect honeygold/my nutraceuticals for the research/work they do. I like their initiative in development. thcp, thcb, thcv, cbn, cbno, hhcp, you name it and they have synthesized it all. Even when everyone else were scratching their heads over hhc, I remember they synthesized their hhc/cbn blend and working on separating them. I am not a businessman and I do not understand business practices much, but people who are at the forefront of cannabinoid research has my utmost respect and I’m sure there was a simple mistake with that order. Reach out to them and they will correct it if it was their fault. I’d suggest sending the sample to kca to verify though. Lately they have been taking a bit longer to get back with the results but you can always trust their results.

1 Like

You can ship samples to me for serious testing, althought Im in Switzerland. :man_scientist:

3 Likes

We can turn results around in a day if you pay for it. Our standard turnaround time is 5 to 7 working days. When you’re a busy lab like us we can’t just put every sample we get on the next injection.

@nightshade yeah, we can’t help unless it’s hemp derived. We are DEA registered though so we handle scheduled substances.

2 Likes

I understand. I’d rather have you guys take your time and give me true results than go to cheaper labs that give false results.

3 Likes