sintered disc fail

Hey,

Already turned it in to OSS. Sorry bud! Do yall make 6"?

3 Likes

Thanks! I just submitted a form about some samples, guess Iā€™m gonna try the sand/glass bead beds now!

2 Likes

we sure do

1 Like

I want to get fancy.

2 Likes

The link is to a sample request page! I submitted a request, letā€™s see what happens.

1 Like

Looks like the sample pack they give u isnt gonna be enough tho. Looks like just enough to see what your getting and nothing more.

This is the glass bead filter media product that i was originally looking at, i cant imagine the quality varying that much for something like this and these folks have a 40lb bag for $80. I woulda bought some and tried it but home depot is just up the street from me :metal:.

1 Like

Oh I guessed that, but hopefully itā€™s enough to make a small bed in a 1.5 spool and compare flow rates, see if itā€™s worth the extra cost compared to a sand bed.

At least give us an idea how it goes, Iā€™ll probably try both the glass and sand when I feel like messing around.

1 Like

Id like to think of myself as an honest vendor

3 Likes

Your exactly rightā€¦

That statement was stupid of me!

There are tons of HONEST vendors here! We actually lucky to have yā€™all!

This will be more expensive but Iā€™m sure you can find the right vendor to fit the price but try these out. Youā€™re trying to create turbulence and distribution

PTFE coated Ceramic balls

2 Likes

Update: blew out two more.

Rocked my replacement for a while until it blew. Borrowed my buddies to keep working, blew his out on 3rd run.

Seems to happen when we start pushing B2 through material spool. 60psi.

Open source keeps replacing them but Iā€™m still not going to use them anymore. I ordered those polyester sheets of 5um. Gonna try @Curious_Roberto ā€œpoor man depth filterā€

6 Likes

Iā€™m loving it so far. I havenā€™t gotten to try using the punched discs yet, rolling it up has been great though. I think youā€™ll be pleased with the felt.

All credit goes to @CollectiveObjective though haha, Iā€™m just good at copying and sharing.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s right I meant to tag him too. I forgot which one of you came up with it first. Thanks for the correction.

Iā€™ll let yā€™all know how it goes

2 Likes

I Have pushed at 90psi multiple times through killaā€˜s v1 filter plate without any issues. My standard push is between 30-40psi.

Itā€™s crazy you have had so many break on you.

3 Likes

I absolutely love the poor mans felt filter. I still use a 3" sintered disc from cema but I use the felt before that and have run into 0 issues and absolutely no powder makes it to the sintered disc.

7 Likes

Just finished up run #1 with @CollectiveObjective depth filter. So far seems like a winner. Happy to replace sintered disc with this. This will probably become standard in the future. It cost almost nothing and works at least as good.

2 Likes

And if your good at loading filter plates, rings and filters, you can keep the felt clean and run one all day long as opposed to having to change felt out with each CRC loading. I have run a days work through less than a dollars worth of feltā€¦cant beat that with any amount of sintered stainless

2 Likes

My goal is to change as little as possible. I was hoping like once a monthā€¦

What did she look like when she was spent? Notice any changes through the day?

#tampontech

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t spent. I was spent. Iā€™m sure it could have continued onā€¦its still loaded under the powderā€¦I may continue using it. Itā€™s just awesome how cheap it is, how easy it is, and how versatile it is. Dudediesel felt filters are the shit.

3 Likes