Sift Seeded bud before turning into distillate?

That would be my response…

@Roguelab has posted use of an open source seed cleaning machine that he’s had success with.

This critter DIY Seed Cleaner Aspirator from RealSeeds

4 Likes

From my experience seeded material doesn’t effect the output material unless it had been ground up via combine or mill.

Last year we had someone turn 20% seeded material into crude using ethanol. Then someone else distillate it. It made an amazing product over 90% total cannabinoids and crystallized just like anything.

We then had the remaining biomass combined versus hand shucking and basically no one wanted to process it because once the seed shells have been broken then the hemp seed oil will be extracted out and they explained it’s hard to separate the seed oil from CBD.

So this year we hand shucked 20k seeded lbs in Hope’s of avoiding the hemp seed oil. Still sitting on all 20k right now if anyone wants to test it :joy:

3 Likes

thank you! needs replication, but seems like a useful data point.

@Future, was that tri-crop you made seed oil with milled to hell and back?

@Roguelab, are you deseeding before EtOH or hydrocarbon (or both)?

1 Like

Before hydrocarbon only warm runs
With etho I do not have a real problem
With butane the seeds pick up volume also wich i find annoying and the desseding is beeing done by minions so that’s easy math

3 Likes

or maybe I should just read !!

@LNK seems like you can probably get away with (cold) ethanol on that seeded material if it hasn’t been hammer milled…

2 Likes

If I run seeded material, is it just the yield being effected? Or will I capture hemp seed oil in the crude?

That being said, What would be the easiest way to separate the seeds from biomass before extraction? Thinking some type of mesh/wire screen…

Have a look at @cyclopath answer earlier in this tread it s all there :grin:

5 Likes

Not sure how I overlooked that. Looks like a trip to the hardware store is in my near future. Thanks man

1 Like

I have a pimped version where all measurments are X4 with a 2400m3 an hour torin as motor and I can clean approx 100 kg an hour

2 Likes

Did you buy or build? Looking for the most cost effective solution and it seems that building is the best bet.

Build not that hard
at first I build it all in wood no acrylic glass so whoever saw it didn t know how it works :grin:
But you need to be able to see the seperation to adjust air speed
If only at the intake slot
I also made a big box underneath where all the leave biomass falls into
To avoid having to open the damn latch every time
Yust seal all connections with silicone
(Not perfect adhesive but food safe)
You will want a hole in the side to poke the biomass mountain inside the box once in a while :grin:

3 Likes

I built a huge one of those to clean trim of fan leaves back in the day. Worked like a champ, 2 shop vacs and a hopper and i was good.

2 Likes

We put a lil round swing door on the side to control vacum, mine was for fan leaves so it was alot bigger but they do work great

1 Like

I use a variac on the torin works also good

1 Like

Theres plans on the net, thats where i got mine from and then just built bigger

1 Like

so if we are taking into consideration that milled seed produces a lot more seed oil in the distillate, is the seed cleaner tek effective at all for milled material with thrashed seed?

im curious as to what material that has been screened and vac separated will produce after having gone through a combine.

Does seeded material matter if your blasting with butane?

It can but depends on several factors
Warm with soak yes
Cryo fast without soak no
It s also strain specific
And volume wise it can make a diffrace
I often work with biomass where half of the weight is seeds
And taking them out takes 30% of the volume needed to extract

1 Like

Ok thats very seeded lol

1 Like

First post, but very thankful for all the information I’ve acquired over the years from the site.

My crop has seeded :confused: I’m trying to salvage the run. As of right now, I’m planning on running fresh frozen with cryo butane through a jacketed column. I was planning on just making sauce and maybe trying some jar tek.

There is little info on the subject, and I’ve spent hours trying to learn everything i can. I’ve gathered, remove the seeds(which id bet is extra difficult to do with fresh product), run cold, and no soak.

Are there any other recommendations on how to go about saving my crop? Any help is much appreciated.