Should I Be Running A Dif Pump On My 10L?

Didn’t @Capttripppp have a 2l setup forsale

2 Likes

I have a 2L I just need a different bf to fit the 34/45 head.

1 Like

Search eBay for “34/45 2000ml” and you should see some options. Here is a “vintage” bf with a built in thermowell that looks pretty interesting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyrex-2000ml-round-boiling-flask-34-45-usa-vintage-with-thermometer-well/113978291486?hash=item1a89a2b51e:g:UT0AAOSwRWdd1Ku0

What everyone else said about your throughput still stands though. Using a 2L bf with your 34/45 head instead of using a 10L bf with your 34/45 head is not going to increase your speed at all.

The system size is smaller so you will pump down quicker and will run through the material in your BF faster, but only because there is less of it, and not because it is running any faster.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I have the lock on oils. I can can get it cheaper.

I did, but it was traded… Thank you for the thought though!

1 Like

Agree 100%, it is what it is.

If it were me I’d go with a big clamp style for the 10L that will be upgradeable to a 20L when you’re ready. I always go big and try to think enough ahead for one or two upgrades.

Like @Killa12345 said you already have all the pricey stuff.

Check out this boiling flask and head, this will get you the numbers you want and be upgradable.

David will take good care of you.

@Terpdude I have a 34/45 head that would do you well I’d basically give you. What I upgraded to from that exact same usa lab head.

1 Like

these are my pictures.

1 Like

I think that he was just using those as an example of what he needed to get… From you, I might add

ok, thank you.

1 Like

@Capttripppp shes not david fyi

3 Likes

@therealganjfather that’s awesome! I would love to take you up on that!

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

From personal experience, I would definitely recommend going with @david over @htking

I reached out to both of them for some custom work and @htking basically blew me off and gave me the run-around for two weeks before finally saying that they were too busy to take my order and were going on vacation and to try them in a couple more weeks after they got back.

Meanwhile @david was very responsive and willing to be flexible on pricing and gave regular updates regarding lead time.

Just my experience.

5 Likes

David has been great so far.

1 Like

David is awesome just make sure everything mates up with as little play and offset to the joints as possible. The joints he uses can be kind of janky

3 Likes

Just ordered a 100mm flange head and bf from @david I’m looking forward to trying it out.

5 Likes

How much was it? iv been thinking of getting one

1 Like

Head, bf, and take off adapter for 2k

3 Likes

What kind of take off adapter? How much for shipping?

1 Like