Shorth Path Distillation / No Distillation at 130 Celsius

@WolfeXtracts i saw some like water coming up in the first flask but only a few drops. My pump making 256L/min i dont know what level of vacuum it does.
Thanks so far guys! i appreciated it very much

You must get some sort of vacuum gauge to distill with any level of reproducibility.

3 Likes

You sound like you havent read very much on the subject.

You should explore the search function a bit more. When you distill you move through fractions, and what you saw was likely clear terpenes and not water. Your first fractions show up at 100-130C and the last fraction stops around 185C. Generally speaking, youll be distilling your main product around 185-200C as a gold oil.

CFM matters in sizing systems not determining the vacuum level in a specific system. Your vac level depends on how well you assembeled your system, greased your joints, and maintain your pump.

4 Likes

If you don’t have a vacuum gauge you’ll never get anywhere here. Need to know both the vacuum depth and the temperature to know what to expect.

4 Likes

Temp is wayyyy too low. Regardless, if this material hasn’t been terp stripped, you should start there, then you should shoot for 192c first pass (depending on how deep your vac is). What is ur vac at?

You got a way to test that that doesn’t require a gauge?

@keinx

I suggest you start by reading I make terrible distillate....why?

And post pictures of YOUR setup.

Don’t have a gauge (Digital!!) ?
Are you the diy type?

See: Budget Digital Vacuum Sensor, read a 60$ pirani gauge through your PC

Why are you doing this under vacuum? (You need to, why?!?).

If you don’t know how hard you’re sucking, you don’t know the bp.

If you don’t suck, it’s 425-430C (probably)

Musings of a Cryogenicist: Day 5 – Vacuum Gauges (everything you wanted to know and more!) | HYdrogen Properties for Energy Research (HYPER) Laboratory | Washington State University might help understanding why you can’t use an analog (Borden) gauge here.

5 Likes

Thanks for this much answers.
this is my setup

vacuum gauge and bleeder valve was exactly this equipment i was unanble to get in my place.
I ask like 20 differten company to give me these kind of things.
But they said its not the standart in eu they dont have such stuff.
so what could i do?

Thanks so far

Leybold is a german company buy one of their pumps. Your pump wont cut it.

3 Likes

Your pump has a number on it for ultimate vacuum.

What is it?

Can you use that number to figure out where THC will boil?

Tool for doing so: Pressure-Temperature Nomograph Interactive Tool

Is this gauge available near you?

Not ideal, but will get you actionable data…

I’m more than likely missing something but please tell me that’s not a towel for insulation on your boiling flask?

3 Likes

If you’re cold they’re cold

3 Likes

You need to be using dry ice up to the top of that trap. You need to change hoses and all leaky connections. You have the wrong grease and I’m sure you over greased it.
You are using the wrong style pump.
You need a appropriate vacuum gauge.
Your trap is hooked up wrong.
Your probe and sensor looks like it’s stabbed into the bed and that’s a huge fault, no no, hazard and possible fire risk as well. Shockingly you haven’t electrocuted yourself and or grounded the heater out and blown the circuitry.
You have absolutely no idea what temp the fluid is at. You’re running of a delta now.

Who ever sold you all that stuff did on purpose knowing you’d probably be pulling your hair out.

These Company only sell to Companys.

No Bro its a fire blanket

I Am not at the labor right now but thank you sir!

I Use dry ice in the isopropyl Alkohol. but its way to much alkohol i use? Ok i get it.
Ok Can you tell me what kind of hoses i should use?
Okay what pump should i use on the low budget end?
Okay got it will get vacuum gauge.
How Should i hook it up? should i turn it arround? because i see different inputs there some are these way i did and some or the other way.
Ok Where should i place my Thermometer?
The Fire Blanket is a bad IDEA? i Thought it is maybe a good idea because its fire proof.
My Thermometer inside the boiling flask comes directly from the heating mantle.
But it cant be inside the fluid because i have not much fluid in my boiling flask.
But its like 5 mm above and if im Stirring the fluid hits the head of the thermometer.

Espanol ?
Pvc reinforced hoses work ok
What’s the size of your boilingflask and mantel ?
With good. Vacuum
1 micron 168C 100microns distillation starts around 185C
250 microns 205C so still some heat to give

2 Likes

These hvac gauges work ok

2 Likes

101 posts were split to a new topic: Oil burning Lightbulb, with cowbell…

I find it hard to believe there isnt a lab supplier in the EU that will sell you a leybold or alcatel pump. Check gov surplus or university surplus if that exists in your area. Bidding websites.

2 Likes

BRO Thanks you! will this gauge do?

ok got it ! thank you bro

Should this Pump do?

My pump has number 3x10 -1 but high on the ten.
Makes no sense for me i try to go for a new gauge.
Thanks so far :slight_smile:

no its a fire blanket will this do?
I though because its anti fire :slight_smile:
but please advise me if not
Thanks

thank you so far! i will change setup @Lightbulb

both was 2 liter but the flask dont fit well in the mantle and the matle getting to hot so it start to smoke.
I will get new flask and mantel now.
Thank you for the temperatures
and help :slight_smile: