Shipping clones

I was going to ship some clones and was wondering what the best safest way would be. Can anyone with experience in this lead me in the rite direction

4 Likes

http://www.cloneshipperunit.com/![_SY355_|355x355](upload://6wD1UM3kM9Z1MkkjTtvKsXZOfui.jpeg)

9 Likes

This is how ive always shipped imaginary clones in the past. Cut the clone. damped paper towel roll up and place cut clones stem inside the wet papertowel…ziptie lightly to keep the damp paper on the stem where you snipped. Place in a zip lock bag with a tsp of water in there. Zip up place cuts in a dvd case…tape up…ship dvd to destination.

This is all imaginary and only in my dreams. I would never ship clones anywhere…

Rooted cuts are similar but you take two solo cups tape together…put rootball in bag with a tsp of water…zip tie…then send.

14 Likes

I was worried about the cold. Was thinking hand warmers might work if overnight shipped

1 Like

I seen those. Think they would be good for summer time

Those foam plugs work great! Viable media for roots that WONT spill no matter what way it’s turned.

2 Solo cups taped together,one upside down on top the other

Hand warmers wrapped in towel should be good

3 Likes

just worry about the rootzone staying warm, don’t have to worry about the tops.

1 Like

I ordered a bunch of blueberry and raspberry clones from a gent who does tissue cultures in the midwest. Not a code word for strains…actual berry plants.

Came fully potted, in bags and surrounded by packing peanuts. A little worse for wear but came right through once transplanted. Quart sized pots, filled with moist soil. Looks like they just packed what was on hand nothing too fancy.

DVD route seems easiest with smallest footprint.

2 Likes

Have you used those clone shippers

1 Like

Should i label live plants on the box. Maybe the might handle the box beter

1 Like

The boxes i recieved were clearly labeled. Orientation (up) was the most prevalent marking. Fragile as well, as you dont want them to be on the bottom of a heavy stack.

I was surprised how they were shipped but it worked and they ship across the country routinely.

1 Like

How many do you need to ship? @patriot_shield has clone safe and secure transportation capabilities for large volumes.

1 Like

I think that only depends on how the day your delivery man is having.

I had trees an plants from home Depot delivered upside down. Marking or not

1 Like

I wouldn’t. I just seal them in a bag and put them all in a box with a dryer sheet or two. I also write hemp on the bags just in case.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Uniheat-10-Pack-Hour-Heat/dp/B07J3WTQYC/

• (10 Packs) Designed for reliable and steady heat release for 72+ hours
  • Shipping warmer are excellent for shipping live insects, reptiles, tropical fish, flowers, corals and inverts needing warmth in shipping.
  • Produces an average temperature of 70°F in a standard 1cu. ft. shipping box.
  • Environmentally safe, disposable, and inner contents are biodegradable.
2 Likes

a thermos works quite well…

2 Likes

Perfect, ty

I am told you have a better chance of survival sending unrooted clones. The cloneshipper should be pretty solid though. I’m sure you could make one out of solo cups and a piece of cardboard taped to act as a seal between the soil/peat and the the upper part of the plant

2 Likes

I’ve gotten tissue culture plant in the mail. They came in tissue culture gel in small plastic airtight containers. For my aquarium.

2 Likes

The new ones have a led in them also. I waz looking into building something like them but the led battery life part suxs on most stuff i found and was just as affordable to buy clone shippers

2 Likes