Shatter/wax cart problem

Trying to make some shatter and wax carts, I have terpenes to mix but once I go to decarb, I don’t get any bubbles it just turns into a kind of peanut butter consistency, I still mixed it up with some terpenes and put it into one of the glass carts from cart.farm and it smokes but tastes like burnt marshmellows, I’m assuming this is because it’s too thick and the problem is with my decarb method, so far this has happened with 3 different shatters/waxes so I’m assuming it’s me doing something wrong.

I’ve tried to search but can’t word it correctly to find any topics.

2 Likes

Your temp is probably just too low. What are you using? Turn it up like 20-40 degrees Fahrenheit and try another small batch

I’ve used a toaster oven and then stove top with a glass bowl in a pot of water.
I’ll try the toaster oven again at a higher temp.

1 Like

Decarb first, then add Terps. If you add Terps then decarb, your burning all your Terps off.

5 Likes

I added terps after the decarb and after it cooled.

3 Likes

You should wait 24hrs before hitting the cart. This allows the cart to soak up the oil before a dry hit. This is most likely where the bad taste is coming from.

1 Like

I’ll let it sit til tomorrow, this is the end result, it doesn’t look like everybody elses. It starts out clear but then ends up like this, after I try to decarb it.

Was this winterized prior to putting in cart?

Imo, the above isn’t gonna work in a cart.

@qma

3 Likes

I’m dying rofl

6 Likes

It hasn’t been winterized, I’ll have to pick up some stuff to do that if it’ll help.

I watched a few videos on turning concentrates into carts and all of the concentrates they used bubbled up and became a bit more viscous, mine did the opposite with different concentrates.
I do believe my stuff is CRC could that be a problem?

Crc has nothing to do with this carts problems.

What you have is crc’d oil that is loaded with fats/waxes.

Winterize, fully decarb, add terps

4 Likes

I strongly suggest you hit that magical search button and do some reading. Spend a few days reading on THIS site and level up asap.

No
More
Spoonz

5 Likes

I have read on this site, and it’s where I have gotten most of my information.
As it seems “leveling up” has to do with participation and I’ve simply been reading and learning vicariously through everybody else.

I’ve noticed winterization is highly debated here for one, and others simply decarb their concentrates then mix terps and stick it into carts.

You really haven’t provided any insight to my problem and I thank the other users who have and answered my question. I’ll pick up the stuff to winterize and remove the lipids/waxes.

2 Likes

Then if I havent helped at all…

Good luck.

2 Likes

You haven’t done anything to help me! Now I’m going to go do the thing you suggested might solve my problem!

2 Likes

If you are dewaxing during your extraction you can get away with not winterizing. (Even then some people say that If you winteriz after a “dewax” you will still pull some fats)

My guess is that your extract was extracted warm and crc’d heavy. Looks great, but In reality has a high fat/wax content. Meaning you should winterize before trying to cart it out.

I just gave you my last 2cents

1 Like

I’m not going to participate in your popularity contest or further attempted zingers, my question was why is my concentrates turning into this junk and I got my answer.

Had nothing to do with when I mix terps, and as far as I can see it i simply answered his question he didn’t suggest anything.

1 Like

Concentrates don’t have to be winterized depending on how you’re doing it and what you’re adding. Being winterized will make it a lot easier for a beginner though.

2 Likes

Your not decarbing your oil. Hotter, longer, till the bubbling pretty much stops. No bubbles, no reaction is happening. Even if you have a high fat extract it will decarb into oil, it just might clog your carts and turn nasty halfway thru

3 Likes

I can’t help but poking fun. Looks like he suggested winterization would help but you are right: I’m mostly here for my own amusement. If you interpret that to be at your expense, that wasn’t my intention

5 Likes