Shatter/wax cart problem

Its not to do with terps. One thing I learned over cart.wars was c8 caprylic acid can thin viscosity of waxes. It is not a good pracrice, but can help with what tou already have.

Winterization would definitely help in the future though.

Sorry I didn’t get to this earlier. Today we were moving in to our new office

3 Likes

Nope. Decarb lowers viscosity.

Honey is viscous, water is not.

Did you make this stuff? I hear pine resin doesn’t decarb…

@Demontrich gave you two helpful responses before suggesting the search bar…so I believe you might want to back up on the

Maybe you did not gain insight, but adding your terps after decarb is solid advice.

Winterizing, might not be required to make carts from shatter, but you don’t have shatter… if you’re lucky you might just have a fatty mess. Winterizing is being suggested as much as a diagnostic tool as it is as a “solution”.

Dissolve at 10:1 in 190 proof ethanol, and show us what it looks like at rm temp. Then throw it in the freezer for at least 24hrs.

2 Likes

I just got some really beautiful golden shatter but it taste like burnt wood or my brother said burnt rubber, its high isn’t bad but can it be a danger to my health or is it a seal or high temp problem in the manufacturing process? Any help I would appreciate…

sounds like the taste of fake shatter. i suggest you find a lab that will test it

3 Likes

See: pine resin

https://future4200.com/search?q=pine+resin

As far as ”high temp problem”; temp wrecking taste is usually the fault of the user not the producer.

Unless you’re looking at distillate. In which case the operator might have been the issue.

2 Likes