Shatter perfection

Does anyone have any tricks to make omg perfect shatter every time ? Running into a problem where my end product it’s automatically turning into crumble in the vac chamber some of the time … any tips ? Thanks guys

From what I’ve read here, think I have a screenshot. You’re prolly running too hot. I was reading they were doing 180 for 3 days flipping it at least twice day type shit. Hit the search bar I think it was in the top of all time

I lied I was way off in temp !!

1 Like

one thing you might try is ZERO agitation on the pour. I used to have similar issues sometimes but when I started pouring from collection a little sooner in the recovery process the vessel emptied with little or no scraping. Now no more accidental crumble

1 Like

links grasshopper, links…

and I highly recommend starting at the top of threads, or at least going back upthread once you realize you’re in the right spot. otherwise you may lose a lot of useful information.

Vacuum Oven Temperature

3 Likes

iF iT dOnT sHaTtEr…

Lol.

3 Likes

Oven tek for stable shatter humidity doesnt stand a chance

Creating stable shatter consistently is not easy. A lot of variables will deter you from getting shatter. I go over most of them in my tek.

5 Likes

You could always pour off the terps and remelt the thca fraction. Famalamz

4 Likes

Thanks guys ! I need a forum this helpful for everything else in my life . Lowering heat , flipping , and running for a longer time ( previously doing 120 degrees , for 24 hours , purging every 4-6 hours , with no flipping :unamused:… thanks for the help !

seems like the best choice considering you could retain all the extra terpene’s you would lose from purging. use those otherwise lost terps for reformulations.

2 Likes

Yea it might take some extra heat to melt :wink:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Shatter is my specialty. Have you ruled out any sugaring sources such as a sugared collection spout or sugars under your oven trays from accidental “overmuffining”? If so then it’s in how you pull vac. It should take 1-2 days to finish your purge. So if your muffin gets too big then You’re pulling vac too cold. As soon as you pour out Let the oil sit in the oven for 10-15min to preheat before starting to pull vac. You’ll see that you can reach a full vac right away without having a huge muffin stalling you in between pulls. You want to start with 120f oven temp with trays hot and ready as well. When the butane gasses off it cools everything off pretty fast. The ovens can’t keep up so theyll drop temp and you’ll end up around 90-95f when it’s all said and done. Once you hit full vac flip but don’t pull vac right away. Let the oil preheat and then pull vac on that side as well. When you pull cold you stretch the oil and risk starting sugaring especially if there’s a high fat content. Any other questions just holler :muscle:t3:

You can still take the sugared wax and redissolve it in the pot to repour and try for shatter again with no issues

One more tip is the pressure behind the pour out spray can shoot small specks of oil towards the wall of the boat and those are really prone to sugaring so one way to mitigate that is to pour into a mason jar and then pour that out into your boat…or just remove the heat and pressure off your recovery pot at the right time if possible

10 Likes

Top slab was preheated (105f), bottom one was cold (65-70f) . You can see the cold slab stretched out more

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely be trying this on my next run . I don’t have a vac oven I just use the heat pad and vac chamber but should be able to make it work

Thanks for the demo ! Was wondering how to perfect the flip with out agitating

Ok so I ran that batch in my vac chamber for like a week , never reached shatter consistently so I tried to whip it up while it’s hot to turn it into crumble / batter ( they still seem like the same thing to me) and now it won’t even turn into the crumble/batter . Turned heat up to 120 couple days ago because that’s the temp I normally use . And by now it’s be whipped and vac re pulled like 15 times with a total heated vacuum time of about a week … and it’s still bubbling up when I pull a vac !!! Normally I whip it 1-3 times and re vac , then it’s already done showing much activity when I re whip and pull the vac . I started at a lower heat 86 degrees this time , but also I’m running different material then I normally do ( this batch of shit trim cam from my buddy ) … but my own material that I run is also Shit soooo :thinking:. Anyone got any ideas ?

Waxplug1, I would give anything to be able to make shatter like you. What will it take to have you teach me and my crew how to do it like you? Please let me know, thank you.

2 Likes