Shatter Cartss

Do you have to use terps?

up2u

This guy likes carting bho shatters and resins, with and without terps

4 Likes

I’ve got a few I made that look similar for R&D. I’m about halfway through this one and it’s starting to look like an Icee that’s had all the flavor sucked out. Sure has been good. Ruined distillate carts fo me. I’ll get it figured to without any cuts or adds. I’m going to try a decarb and non-decarb blend from the same batch. It’s already runny enough to get in a cart. We’ll see what the color does coming out of the decarb chamber.

Those terp strains sound mighty familiar too.

2 Likes

@MassTerpenes, you have the strongest reddit presence ever :rofl: :joy: I feel like we are splitting Oilpen. Every time I see a home cartridge it’s one of your strains; always with phenomenal reviews.

I really wanna thank you guys for teaching me SEO. It is one of the most powerful tools in my toolbox, I hope soon to get like yall!

3 Likes

Honestly I post on Reddit maybe once a month but people have always been hyped on Reddit about the terps which was cool as a small business. I always enjoy seeing the mentions and I’ve tried to give cart.farm a shout when possible too. I try to only really post direct to my followers on the MassTerpenes profile page to avoid being too spammy. I do get tagged in a lot of questions on there but customers usually answer them before I even see it.

Ive seeing your site pop up for more things on Google. Keep it up.

3 Likes

What are yalls opinions on running straight bho vs decarbed bho in your carts?

1 Like

straight bho is a pain imo. Mixing with disty or partial decarb + terps to prevent it from solidifying

Unless you run so that there’s no waxes/other inpurities, can make for good thca

1 Like

I’ll be trying some things out but I think decarb under blanket gas or pressure might be what the doctor ordered

1 Like

Save those terps!

1 Like

This doctor has certainly performed that trick.

BHO & EHO full decarb in sealed vessel.

Leave lots of headspace

4 Likes

Okay gents, pass the spoon for a worthy cause

Trying to get an idea how much THCa can make it into a cart without being a problem. Obviously there are a bunch of factors but I’m in a jackpot where I’ve got some oil that’s like 40% d9 and 40% THCa and wondering if I can get away with carting it up without further decarb.

Also, I want to know the answer for science of course

Also, first time trying to make one of these things:

• Full decarb no matter what
  • 10:1 d9:THCa
  • 5:1 d9:THCa
  • 3:1 d9:THCa
  • 50/50
  • 2/3 THCa
  • More acidic cannabinoids

0 voters

2 Likes

Id hate to vote because I can only guess, but I’d say 2:1 or more. It could also depend largely on the cart as well, a thicker wick could get plugged with crystals and not allow further liquid flow. Perhaps the no wick direct ceramic/heating element cart type would help reduce clogging when/if the thca separates.

Clogging sucks so I tend to decarb as much as possible to avoid complaints/returns.

1 Like

Winterize decent shatter in 10:1 iso or ethanol for 2-3 days

Roto vap until all solvent recovered

Magnetic stirrer until 150 or so. Add terms I’d needed

Put in Cart farm and let warm for 20 minutes.

We do this with ascent carts and get great results and feed back. Small scale just for family.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to avoid of course. This is one of them things where I know I’m going to feel stupid if I try to cut corners but fuck the stuff has been sitting in Pyrex for a month without sugaring up. Also using ascents and we’ve never had a clogging issue before but then again, I usually try to do stuff the right way lol

1 Like

If it hasn’t dropped any thca by now, it probably wouldn’t in a cart either would it?.

I’d say that’s probably good as is if it’s still homogeneous.

1 Like

That does lead me to a silly question that I honestly don’t know, would they be burned at the same rates?

Like towards the end of a cart would it still be 40/40 d9/thca?

1 Like

I would imagine they would stay as homogeneous as they were when the cart was filled unless the THCa crystallizes

2 Likes

I’ve had stuff set for months in jar as the hte fraction…load up and in few days it’s all.chunkybwas thicker terps I didn’t run cold enough, maybe that.hendered it fr.crashinh

2 Likes

That’s weird, I would have never thought that.

1 Like