Shatter Cartss

Just picked up this shatter. Do I need to winterize or can I just mix with terps and fill carts?

Thanks

4 Likes

You should decarb it first at least

Edit: also this Search results for 'shatter carts' - Future4200

5 Likes

Decarb. Add terps.

Some foos use mct

4 Likes

Thanks, Sorry in advance for not searching…

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Decarb…wait for bubbles to stop. A vac can assist this at lower temps imo

Then add terps or tasteless terps

Tasteless terps would allow u to taste the shatter if any good and hte if u have any to mix w it also

Tbh for my personal carts I dont use disty anymore

I sell 1ml all ceramic disty carts made w canna/hemp Terps

I vape .5ml all ceramics(taste better)
Live resin sugar decarb then add the hte that come from the sugar back at lower temps

13 Likes

Donate $5 to your favorite charity for penance lol

12 Likes

I’ve never messed with shatter. I’ve been making carts just with qwet and source turbo. I didn’t know if you could tell just by looking at it if it still had a lot of lipids left in it. It smells dank.

I got some high dollar terps from terpenesraw I’m gonna use.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I prefer decarbed shatter carts over distillate carts any day of the week. Just enjoy the effects a lot more and I’d rather it have a shatter aftertaste than that weird raw distillate taste.

Just decarb tf out of it then add like 5% terps at the end. Some guys use more but it’ll burn more and it’s probably not good for your lungs to go heavy like that on anything. If you don’t decarb long enough the thing will solidify in there and be unusable so don’t cut that short or you’ll have a bad day. You should prob just make one and see how it holds up after about a week before you go fill a ton of them to make sure your process/ratios are all dialed in. Thing will look perfect right when you make it but if you messed up it’ll cloud up like a week later. Also make sure you’re using legit carts with 2.0mm holes, no less for shatter.

8 Likes

If you are making shatter carts it is HIGHLY recomended you do .5gs from my experience. Shatter will almost always have more fats & lipids (impurities) than distillate. This is fine for the most part, but i have noticed that the flavor, smoothness and size of hit you get drops off about halfway thru as the wax and impurities will clog the coil over time. Full grams WILL work, but the quality will not be as nice as you use it. Mix with 5% flavored terps by weight. Any more will more than likely be overwhelming flavor. But 5% may not liquidize wax like you want it too, this is where you have to experiment and add 2-3% unflavored terpenes. The terps act as a solvent to get the wax to liquidize. If it’s too solid the wax will DEFINITELY clog the cart, you wont get as nice of a hit, and you run the risk of the wax not being able to fully melt into the coil - or the bubble might not move and will just form a bigger bubble aroudn the intake hole, which will burn your coil as well. To do this youll need a decent size silicone slick, terpenes of your choice, dispensing syringes, a heat source and a hair dryer (Not really necesarry but can help a lot).

Start of by experimenting to see if this is even feasible. You dont wanna mix a big batch and waste all your precious wax. Weigh out a g of wax and put it in the slick. Using a heat source like a stove top on low heat, place the slick on the low heat so your wax melts. While the wax is still hot and runny put it back on the scale, then weigh and mix in your terps. Cap the slick and let it heat back up. Using the tip of the dispensing syringe mix the wax around so the terps mix in. This is tricky because terps are super volatile and will evaporate in heat so it has to be done efficiently and fast, but the warmer the wax is the the easier it will mix (there is really no need to get wax above 140 F for this purpose.) After a few minutes of vigrous stirring while on low heat you SHOULD have a decently homogenized mixture. Then suck the mixture outta the syringe (has to be hot for the wax to be a liquid) and fill your carts up. Make sure its not filled up 100%, should be 90-95% full so you can cap it. You have to wait for the wax to mke its way into the coil so its fully saturated. While the oil is still fresh and hot in the cart, cap it up and give it a few dry pulls (pull on the cart without it attatched to the battery. Then take a hair dryer and warm it up again until you can taste the terps as you pull without firing. If you like the way it works go ahead and start cranking out fire carts. Obviously you can get equipment to make this easier and to do it on a higher scale, such as a magnetic stirrer hot plate. Then you can easily melt wax down, add in terps and cap the jar so the magnetic stirrer mixes terps for you and the jar keeps terpenes and other volatile cannabinoids trapped.

5 Likes

Trial carts
5% terps
20% wax liquidizer
Viking free sample carts

3 Likes

Anybody tried a mix of decarb’d and still-carb’d oil? I hear lots of mentions of people trying to do a partial decarb and getting stuck with sugar in their carts; anyone try a complete decarb on say 40% of the material and leave the other 60% alone? Seems like a nice way to avoid a bunch of terp oxidation without having to do the whole crystal/sauce pour off shit

2 Likes

Drop wax liquidizer

It’s like peg or something

Besides it leaves a weird sweet taste

I hate promoting big company like this but…

Floraplex tasteless terps are the best for tasting the shatter,sugar, oil whatever ur using
It’s an actual “tasteless” terpenes instead that nasty wax liquidizer crap

3 Likes

Does that wax liquidizer contain vitamin e?

2 Likes

No peg or something close without doubt

4 Likes

If u don’t decarb long enough ur gonna sugar inside the cart

I was mentioning half decarb trying to retain terps. But the sugar battle is to much

But lately I been heating slowly to 190-200f and pull vac here and there. Once it’s done bubbling add terps . The terps fron the matching sugar is the best.

Low slow full decarb and add ur terp fraction back after cooling.

World class carts

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve tried a few different options.I’ve settled on low percentage wax liquidizer being ok for me.

Peg 200 / peg400

1 Like

Have u tried a tasteless terps

I bet 100$ one made right you’ll decarb every cart from here on out and toss that stuff in trash can

Peg,pg,vg, mct, will Never compare to a tasteless terps from floraplex.

You’ll taste the pure shatter rhats it

5 Likes

This is exactly what I was wondering about. Seems like if you split your oil in half, decarb’d half as usual (60 min at 110C or whatever floats yer boat), and then remixed that with the other untouched half, the risk of recrystallization would be minimized (that is, you could hit a consistent delta 9:THCa ratio)

1 Like

The untouch part is hte portion. The liquid terp portion from diamond mining. Not undecarb oil

The undecarb part needs to be really low bc it will sugar back after melting if u dont fully break the bond

2 Likes