Seeking second opinions plz

You’re asking ME how long your dip tube is?

Go talk to the Canadians https://evolvedextraction.com/flat-end-cap-4-tri-clamp-w-3-8-mnpt-port-dip-tube/

2 Likes

The weekly quota on this deal is new but we bought a second hand cls and I get the feeling we bought all the parts that the other guy upgraded from. And dry ice is just not available. Which is why I aim for a chiller.

I wasn’t asking how long it was. Next time it’s empty I’ll open, and measure it

I have tamisum. It’s old school but if you look into it it can recover pretty fast. Passive. Maybe 3 hours for the 20# tank It’s a 2# column.

2 Likes

Get a chiller since you can’t get dry ice.

11 hr recovery time is not normal.

Are you heating the recovery vessel? What pressure is your solvent tank at when recovering?

If you’re trying to replace it, that will help.

Evolved doesn’t seem to state the length of theirs…

You’re in Canada?

I’d you look at the diptube from evolved I pointed you at?

And guess who can supply the bored through swagelok fitting to custom make a diptube…

Butane is heavier than air, it sinks like water and pools around the business end of your freezer which has a SOLENOID switch that emits a spark every time it engages. When you hear that freezer turn on, you need to be aware that a SPARK is firing right UNDER YOUR PUDDLE OF SOLVENT.

That is not just an explosion risk, it is a bomb. You would be better off alone, in a field open blasting butane. This is not just irresponsible, it is reckless. Your “Partner” is either unaware of the dynamics here or he just doesn’t care if you and half the block blow up.

16 Likes

I use to have a picture of the dip tube with a tape measure. Since cleared my phone or I’d have the answer on dip tube length and lid width. The lid size was something between 4” and 6” but I’m sorta gathering that the 4” lid is a bit larger then 4”. But until I have a concrete answer I won’t comment as if I do. But when I couldn’t find a lid the size I measured I kind of gave up but at that time I was using salt ice with the tank in a tote. Now ice is replaced with the gas box. I don’t like it and I agree with all of you. As soon as I can I’ll open up the solvent tank and re-measure. A new lid is the minimal fix in the interim. But bvv has a full metal jacket internal coil 50#er for $1600usd and I plan to buy it in next two weeks or less. Unless I find lid but still kind of want it. I’d insulate the outside of jacket some way and just throw the freezer out of lab all together.

Fully agree I read that one little can of tane, like for lighters, can mess up 1425 square feet.

Yes. So now that you know that, this isn’t on your partner. This is on you. You are responsible to halt production or get your act together. An explosion at your facility hurts all of us.

10 Likes

I agree but if I try to halt there will be … Trying to find this lid again and get it ordered today.

Full metal jacket was a movie.

The tank is stainless, and has a jacket.

This (BVV) one has two.

Notice how they are NOT completely encompassing the tank…(so don’t qualify as “full metal jacket”…)

2 Likes

I was just saying full jacket as opposed to open jacket and yeah I think that’s probably why I added “metal” in there

Yes, it is.
Your tank looks to have a 4” lid.

https://www.glaciertanks.com/sizing.html

If you keep going, just remember that you agree that every time that little solenoid clicks and the freezer clicks on, you just dodged a bomb. You only get so many chances at that, my friend. You are trading employee safety and community health for quick cash. Examine thyself. <3

11 Likes

Jacket vs sleeve.

Recovery 20psi water bath 29c

Try 40C

How are you maintaining temp?

1 Like