Seeking 50-70lb large cryo ethanol centrifuge recs and reviews

Considering upgrading from a CUP-30 ethanol centrifuge (cryo-style) to a larger centrifuge (60-70lb per bag), as it’s an easy way (on paper at least) to increase throughput without having to change methodology much.

Seeking recommendations and reviews from anyone who cares to share: manufacturers, performance reviews in the field, considerations, safety concerns, differences in throughput vs. a 30-lb system, etc. etc. anything that should be considered with such an upgrade.
Delta/Prospiant doesn’t seem to make a CUP-70 anymore (unclear if they ever did), looking for something equivalent.

EDIT: we plan to use the spray-wash method with this, so input on biomass bags and such is also appreciated.

@cyclopath would love your two cents as I know you’ve got some experience with this.

thanks fam

3 Likes

70lb bags suck to try and throw around. Although not as much as 140lb bags.

I would recommend a peeler once you get above 600mm or so.

I may still have a line on an 800mm one in the Eugene area (I may not at this point). I never got to run it properly, and it will need some tweaks, but if it’s still around it is likely one hell of a deal.

Im having new controllers built locally that might also be worth your while. adds control of valves and a pump.

Whatever you purchase will have too small a motor and too small a VFD. unless you purchase separately, or have someone build it.

I like tangential drains. Delta uses them, so does at least one Chinese design (multiple manufacturers, not certain any of them spin the right direction!!).

See: Which way is this spun son?!?

I can be hired to solve this :shushing_face:

2 Likes

thanks homie, for all that.

definitely have a few tentative solutions to make 70lbs bags easily transportable, without having to throw around–preferably my ops would never actually have to pick one of these up, ever. thinking carts and maybe even winches or something similar. continually obsessed with ergonomics as working with even a 30lb unit can beat a body up over time.

watch out for a DM soon :sunglasses:

1 Like

We fabricate large and small centrifuges.
We also offer c1d1 electric or hand operated winches/portable gentries for bags/systems >30lb/bag.

Dm me, we offer UL panels for the systems and any other cool add ons you want.

Always c1d1 motors and high quality USA VFD’s. We have a 508a UL shop so we can make whatever you want and have it be compliant.

Metal surfaces can be brushed or electropolished GMP Compliant. Can even offer NSF certification you want it for an added cost.

We have done this many times and have good references that are profitable in the CA market using our equipment and operational guidance. Not many vendors can say that.

All our clients are making money and very happy with their systems.

We will have one of CA’s largest brands at our booth at MJBiz to chat if anyone wants referral confirmation.

Booth 7745
LDT Works LLC

Prospiant hates us… :laughing::rofl:

1 Like