Seed wanted: Phyto Cannabinoid hemp

Looking g for a supply of PCR hemp seed for experimental, not large quantities

Thanks

From what I understand, there generally isn’t much in the way of cannabinoids in the seeds, if any at all.

2 Likes

Did you make up that term? I’ve never heard anyone use it before.

1 Like

In my whirled, PCR has stood for polymerase chain reaction since before that LSD inspired idea won its inventor a Nobel :wink:

Published data indicates that the phyto-cannabinoids associated with seeds are generally contamination from their previous location inside the cannabinoid rich female inflorescence.

Edit: if you insist on seed borne phytocanabinoids, there are both traditional and non-traditional breeding methods that could be applied.

Although moving the pathways so as to get cannabinoids in MCT directly from coconuts seems like at least as much fun :thinking:

5 Likes

From what I understand it is a phenotype of cannabis that has naturally bred out the THC but produces high terpenes and CBD. Not looking to expell the oil from the seed but experiment with the plant. It may also be considered a cross with industrial hemp but I don’t think so.

Oh lol that makes more sense, there are plenty of strains where the dominant cannabinoid is CBD but I would think THC is always present in some amount unless gene modification is employed.

Yes, THC will always be present but ideally looking for seed with less than 0.3 percent by weight.

so you’re looking for seeds which will germinate into cannabis that makes lots of CBD?

rather than seeds that make cannabinoids. makes way more sense.

changed the title…from Phytocannabiniod rich hemp seed wanted.

based on your goal & the responses you got with your original title.

feel free to change it back.

@Staggy the seed won’t test positive for THC. You’re really looking for ‘high CBD industrial hemp seed, non-feminized (aka regular)’ for a strain (or strains) that shows multiple phenotypes. Talk to nurseries and seed companies that offer breeders packs. That will get you started.

1 Like