Seasoning / Salt infusion

I’ve seen methods online of using an ethanol extract and mixing with seasoning then lightly heating it up so it absorbs the ethanol. Has anyone tried infusing seasoning or salt and/or have any different methods? I’m also considering just using decarbed flower in the seasoning but it really depends on if the taste of the flower goes with whatever seasoning I’ll mix it with.

Make a tincture and use sea salt, saturate the salt, dry the salt so etoh is evaporated off. Left with infused salt.

Can do the same with sugar.

If using decarbed bio I suggest keif and use it as part of a dry rub. Actually done this with smoked chicken and it’s pretty good.

5 Likes

Purchase some tapioca derived maltodextrin powder and cut in distillate or FSO. It should hold up to 25% of its weight in fats/ liquids and still maintain it’s powdered form. If for every 3 grams of powder you can put 1 gram of 70% distillate/oil than do some math and dose accordingly to your spice blend.

1 Like

Ive got a bin of spent (already extracted) kief and i love throwing it into my barbecue to get a nice cannabis flavor.
If your going for just the “high” and not the taste, id infuse some salt with disty/ethanol like @Cheebachiefextracts said.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the goal is evaporating the ethanol, not absorbing it. The heat helps.

For “spices” that are essentially dried biomass, you are absolutely trying to get the ethanol (and cannabinoids) to absorb, but then you want it to evaporate.

For salt, you’re using adsorption rather than absorption, and you’re still evaporating the ethanol.

IN it vs ON it, either way wet is not the goal…

Check this dear bro… Adsorbency vs. Absorbency: What Is the Difference? – Media Bros

3 Likes